Our valued sponsor

Residence/income source = UK. Privacy is the problem.

sierra

Dec 23, 2018
Visit site
Just a few years ago, I worked briefly in offshore (not saying where, don't ask) and the situation was simple - non UK resident and non UK source income was pushed through UK LTDs with nominee directors and most of the revenue then went to a traditional offshore jurisdiction, with another nominee. Also, much of my information has gone out of date... Scottish LPs are dead for privacy, Versobank closed down, Rietumu going rogue, MI no longer doing bearer shares, etc etc.

I'm now UK resident and my income is UK sourced. I have a day job which is PAYE and am consulting on the side, currently going through someone close's LTD with me on the books as PAYE but not drawing income. I have no interest in tax avoidance as I don't make enough through this stream to justify it, I simply don't want to be all over publicly accessible, no cost to review databases, namely Companies House and all the third parties deriving their information from their records, for eternity.

I intend to incorporate somewhere offshore My client won't care where my company is based provided I get paid in Sterling. So we have the first concern, which is the bank account in Sterling which won't be exorbitantly expensive, but allows registration of a small offshore entity which rules out pretty much any UK bank, though I could register with Transferwise - I've gotten an account for them using a Delaware LLC for a holding entity, and they will (in theory) open for Belize IBCs per my discussions with them. Next is an offshore entity which has limited accounting requirements of its own. My concern here is I'm going to trigger some HMRC or other rule about permanent establishment. Final issue is the payment of UK taxation for the company. I can deal with my own taxes for dividends at the end of the year.

Any of the professional service providers here care to reach out?

I have no interest in tax avoidance as I don't make enough through this stream to justify it, I simply don't want to be all over publicly accessible, no cost to review databases, namely Companies House and all the third parties deriving their information from their records, for eternity.

Why not just use a payroll provider in UK and be done with it if tax is not your concern but privacy is. What you are thinking about is overkill.

More clients coming online in 2019 through the "master client" and they're at the £££ end of the market. Additionally, I would prefer to be doing business through a company with $100 capital from a cover backside perspective.

More clients coming online in 2019 through the "master client" and they're at the £££ end of the market. Additionally, I would prefer to be doing business through a company with $100 capital from a cover backside perspective.

Ok I see. Then a tax transparent offshore company is ideal in that situation and then just pay taxes personal taxes in UK for it. By tax transparent that is terminology meaning the tax man looks through the structure as it if was not there and the tax liability falls on you as if you earned the money directly. One advantage is privacy and limited liability bundled together. Zero tax advantage but avoiding tax is not what you are concerned about as you said.

Ok I see. Then a tax transparent offshore company is ideal in that situation and then just pay taxes personal taxes in UK for it. By tax transparent that is terminology meaning the tax man looks through the structure as it if was not there and the tax liability falls on you as if you earned the money directly. One advantage is privacy and limited liability bundled together. Zero tax advantage but avoiding tax is not what you are concerned about as you said.

Spot on. Suggestions re jurisdiction/accountant on this very welcome.

Spot on. Suggestions re jurisdiction/accountant on this very welcome.

Imho exact jurisdiction is a choice to make after speaking to a local accountant in UK who is aware of the offshore world. Best to visit that accountant in person and discuss with them directly also. You want setup, accounting for HMRC etc under one roof if possible.

I PM'd you.