Our valued sponsor

Russian President Putin announces military operation in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile there continue to be affordable apartments for rent in Varketili. Media and folk on Facebook do a great job of taking a genuine increase in demand and prices, comparing against covid lows and making it sound as if it's the whole country.
The median is important.
Sure, you can rent cheaper in Rustavi (if you find something there where you really want to live in). Still, even there prices went up.
Net beneficiary? Nope. Food inflation is a much bigger problem than rent inflation for most Georgian people.
Food inflation is a global problem. nothing GE-specific. So, you have to exclude that. Add to it that most Georgians produce at least part of their food themeselves on family farms.
I continue to find it odd how Georgian banks are simultaneously accused of being over zealous and hard to work with for cross border payments, while being a global money laundering centre.
Because Georgia has been forced to show some action in eliminating dubious financial actovities: Banks now make it difficult for the average Joe. Of course, the big guys are still above all and can continue doing what they want.
potential loss of US dollar hegemony
No, nothing will happen here. There is simply no alternative.
growing political instability in the West.
Not only in the West. The entire planet will experience political instability.
2019 was just the start but then COVID came to rescue the political elite.

-------------------------------------------------------

And now we are very far away from the thread subject.
I hope your enthusiasm for Georgia doesn't get disappointed.

Last edited:
"Nothing GE-specific" was kind of my point; there will be net beneficiaries to the invasion (certainly politically, maybe economically) but Georgia could really do without it.

And now we are very far away from the thread subject.
I hope your enthusiasm for Georgia doesn't get disappointed.

I did try to bring the topic back, but it can be hard sometimes! I doubt I'll be here more than another year but if I left now after 4 years it would not be due to lack of enthusiasm. Georgia has been better than SE Asia and UK on so many counts, but of course part of it for me is about crypto.

Russia needs military support from Iran! Could it be any more pathetic?
Yes, I have discussed Russia's technology problems since day one of this conflict. Why do you think that Russia always partners with large Western corporations to develop all of its huge resource extraction projects? It is not by choice. It is all about technology -- and the financing of those projects and technology.

Russia has menaced its neighbors for hundreds of years. This is just the latest manifestation of that continuing brutal aggression. I recently watched a film about one such horrendous event. It is based on a true story about a journalist who traveled to Moscow to discover the hidden truth. I do not want to spoil the story, but it is based on a truly horrendous real life event that killed millions in Ukraine.

"Ukraine 2030 — the freest and most digital country in the world. Without bureaucracy, but with strong tech industry. Cashless & paperless. This is the future we are building."
Mykhailo Fedorov- Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine and Minister of Digital Transformation of Ukraine

Fully on board with the globalist agenda then.

Reactions: marioIT
How can it be a proxy war when one country openly attacks another one to push its own agenda / pursue its own interests lol
Because the war started in 2014 when a US (CFR)-backed coup changed the government there. I know the mainstream and CFR-compliant media timeline has been erased and now starts from February 2022, but many things happened before that.

At the geopolitical level, the Russian intervention is so far a defensive move in response to 20 years of NATO expansion in Eastern Europe. At the military level, yes it's an invasion, similar to the US invasions of Grenada in 1983, Panama in 1989, Iraq in 2003, Serbia in 1999, Afghanistan in 2001, Libya 2011 and Syria 2014

How can it be a proxy war when one country openly attacks another one to push its own agenda / pursue its own interests lol
Because, according to the conspiracy theorists, all governments (including China and Russia) work together to establish a one-world government.

At the geopolitical level, the Russian intervention is so far a defensive move in response to 20 years of NATO expansion in Eastern Europe. At the military level, yes it's an invasion, similar to the US invasions of Grenada in 1983, Panama in 1989, Iraq in 2003, Serbia in 1999, Afghanistan in 2001, Libya 2011 and Syria 2014
And, at the geopolitical level, the NATO expansion in Eastern Europe was in response to 500 years of continuous Russian aggression and a determined and continuous Russian extermination of peoples, cultures, and languages. I am not saying that I necessarily agree with the NATO expansion, but I certainly understand it -- especially from the perspective of countries who want protection from Russia.

Just because you don't believe the mainstream media (and rightfully so), doesn't mean you should believe dictators that kill journalists\opposition figures or just random people in the wrong place and wrong time (random buildings in Grozny, for example)

Whenever you find yourself on the side of China, North Korea, and Russia I would say it's time to review your belief system.

1658215700197.png

Because the war started in 2014 when a US (CFR)-backed coup changed the government there. I know the mainstream and CFR-compliant media timeline has been erased and now starts from February 2022, but many things happened before that.

The countries who joined NATO did it because they wanted to, no one forced them and even now Finland and Sweden are joining because of russians aggression towards Ukraine. Despite that, the NATO / US would have never attacked Russian since we all know its just suicide and the whole "we need a buffer zone to nato" doesn't make sense at all to me, Russland even shares Borders with NATO countries already?

Just because you don't believe the mainstream media (and rightfully so), doesn't mean you should believe dictators that kill journalists\opposition figures or just random people in the wrong place and wrong time (random buildings in Grozny, for example)

Whenever you find yourself on the side of China, North Korea, and Russia I would say it's time to review your belief system.

View attachment 3969
This war is so different from all the conflicts we experienced before, since its the first large scale information warfare. But I find it strange that people who are totally against their own (western) goverment, cheer for very totalitarian state like Russia and China.

Reactions: RealDude

View attachment 3969
How is Julian Assange getting on?

The countries who joined NATO did it because they wanted to, no one forced them and even now Finland and Sweden are joining because of russians aggression towards Ukraine. Despite that, the NATO / US would have never attacked Russian since we all know its just suicide and the whole "we need a buffer zone to nato" doesn't make sense at all to me, Russland even shares Borders with NATO countries already?

This war is so different from all the conflicts we experienced before, since its the first large scale information warfare. But I find it strange that people who are totally against their own (western) goverment, cheer for very totalitarian state like Russia and China.
Ah, you think nato expansion means countries simply joining so they can carry the moniker. It doesn't.

You can see the Russian proposals issued in December 2021 here: https://archive.ph/e4NRx

"Ukraine 2030 — the freest and most digital country in the world. Without bureaucracy, but with strong tech industry. Cashless & paperless. This is the future we are building."
Mykhailo Fedorov- Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine and Minister of Digital Transformation of Ukraine

He forgot to mention: and ukraine-less rof/%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads