Our valued sponsor

Second Passport : What do you think about Antigua-and-Barbuda Citizenship?

ththugues4

Mar 21, 2021
Ghana
Visit site
Hi there

I come from a French-speaking African country, I am not a politician, just an entrepreneur, my country's passport is very weak, very complicated to be able to travel in endless visa procedures, bank account very complicated to do purchases in ASia with bnaciare accounts which for XAF currency.

I am looking for a second reputable passport for me and my family, 100% legal, not very expensive and which will not take 6 to 9 maximum to be available.

my objectives with this second passport are:

- Offers me a wide choice of countries to travel to
- can allow me to open a solid and reputable bank account
- no requirement to live in this country for more than 30 days in a year

After researching the citizenship by investment program of Antigua-and-Barbuda, I find it interesting.

What do you think of Antigua and Barbuda's citizenship by investment program? Or do you have any other program to recommend.

Do you know of reliable and legitimate firms by very very expensive who can manage the procedure of obtaining a second passport for me and my family?

Thank you for taking your time to read and doubly thank you for taking to leave a response.

It's not gonna allow you to open at a reputable bank. Your residency in that case will be more important than your passport. A guy with a Antigua passport living in i.e CAR won't get any advantage from the passport unless he lives in a more acceptable country for the banks. However if you use an Antigua address you may have a better chance today. But this may not be case in future.

What do you think of Antigua and Barbuda's citizenship by investment program? Or do you have any other program to recommend.

It's ok if you are after a better passport than what you have. Price is cheaper than St Kitts and Nevis program which is an alternate. Keep in mind these CBI passports are coming under attack by EU and US. With US moving to decline visas for holders and EU pressuring Caribbean to end these programs also.

Do you know of reliable and legitimate firms by very very expensive who can manage the procedure of obtaining a second passport for me and my family?

You should only use one of the licensed agents listed on their website. Contact some of them and ask their total price and check their response time and answers to your questions. It is best to use a law firm listed and pay the little extra and know it will be done properly in the end.

Thank you for your detailed response and the time taken to respond to me.
It's not gonna allow you to open at a reputable bank. Your residency in that case will be more important than your passport. A guy with a Antigua passport living in i.e CAR won't get any advantage from the passport unless he lives in a more acceptable country for the banks. However if you use an Antigua address you may have a better chance today. But this may not be case in future.
My priority goal is ease of travel will an Antigua or St Kitts and Nevis passport solve this problem for me?
It's ok if you are after a better passport than what you have. Price is cheaper than St Kitts and Nevis program which is an alternate. Keep in mind these CBI passports are coming under attack by EU and US. With US moving to decline visas for holders and EU pressuring Caribbean to end these programs also.

Apart from the notion of costs in the equation of choosing between the citizenship program by investing in Antigua and Saint Kitts and Nevis, which one is your choice and what are your reasons.
You should only use one of the licensed agents listed on their website. Contact some of them and ask their total price and check their response time and answers to your questions. It is best to use a law firm listed and pay the little extra and know it will be done properly in the end.
Thank you for the Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship Program web link.

From Sovereign Man:

CBI Programs.png

Reactions: ththugues4
Given your country of origin, a Caribbean passport makes sense. The crackdown on these passports is not severe enough to make the passports any worse than many African passports. Passport discrimination is very real.

The Antiguan program is one of the more popular and works quite well. However, it's worth looking at both the Dominica and Saint Kitts programs as well, if you haven't already. Grenada also has one which is attractive if you have plans to move to the US one day. Grenadian passports lets you access E-2 visas. But keep an eye on the US' attitudes to citizenship by investment programs.

Consider Malta as well, if within budget. The costs are higher but it's an EU passport and has even more travel options. The EU wants to stop it but Malta is so far standing firm.

As for service providers, as @Martin Everson said, stick with local service provides authorised by the local government. They are usually listed on official government websites. Do not go with anyone else, unless it is a large, reputable firm that simply outsources this part of the process to a locally licensed service provider.

My priority goal is ease of travel will an Antigua or St Kitts and Nevis passport solve this problem for me?

Depends on which country you are traveling to. Won't help much with US and EU it is in pending on what the outcome will be in future.

Apart from the notion of costs in the equation of choosing between the citizenship program by investing in Antigua and Saint Kitts and Nevis, which one is your choice and what are your reasons.

St Kitts and Nevis is my choice. I know people who have obtained this passport. Plus I know a law firms who I have used before who also offer it as second Citizenship of choice. A good place to look for good information on CBI before doing anything is BLS's Youtube channel. Watch the videos and familiarize yourself with each program. They cover other CBI programs and have content specifically aimed at Africans which is important for you.

Some of their videos are below. You may have already seen them however.

Depends on which country you are traveling to. Won't help much with US and EU it is in pending on what the outcome will be in future.
Why wouldn't that help for the EU? while it is said that this passport allowed to go to EU countries.
St Kitts and Nevis is my choice. I know people who have obtained this passport. Plus I know a law firms who I have used before who also offer it as second Citizenship of choice. A good place to look for good information on CBI before doing anything is BLS's Youtube channel. Watch the videos and familiarize yourself with each program. They cover other CBI programs and have content specifically aimed at Africans which is important for you.
after also reflection St Kitts and Nevis is my choice too, your law firm do you have a link that I can consult their website?
Some of their videos are below. You may have already seen them however.

thank you for the videos and the youtube channel,

Why wouldn't that help for the EU? while it is said that this passport allowed to go to EU countries.

A lot will depends on outcome of EU's attack on these CBI programs. Read article below. Pressure will be put on visa free travel from these CBI programs. In worst case they could become pointless if visa free travel is taken away.

--- quote start

"Last month, the Antigua and Barbuda government said it had stepped up its efforts to stave off efforts by the EU to derail the CBI, with Prime Minister Gaston Browne indicating that he has sent a letter to the EU on the issue."

--- quote end

after also reflection St Kitts and Nevis is my choice too, your law firm do you have a link that I can consult their website?

You can look at the links below.

If you have money I would choose Malta or Montenegro (which is expected to join the EU in 5 years). More expensive but freedom of movement within the EU cannot be taken away like the citizenships of the Caribbean. I have been in the residency/citizenship business since 1997 and we offer participation in all programs, so we are not tied to any of them and can give independent advice. PM if you are interested

If you have money I would choose Malta or Montenegro (which is expected to join the EU in 5 years).
Montenegro real estate for citizenship is way overpriced isn’t it ? I mean it’s similar to the Caribbean investment options if not worse.

Also doing a quick check and EU negotiations with Montenegro have only closed 3 (!) chapters out of 35 chapters. So they still need to negotiate 32 chapters before any accession can happen. Looking at other past candidates you are looking at more like 10+ years. 5 years is really really really unlikely.

Reactions: Jerry1911
Montenegro real estate for citizenship is way overpriced isn’t it ? I mean it’s similar to the Caribbean investment options if not worse.

Also doing a quick check and EU negotiations with Montenegro have only closed 3 (!) chapters out of 35 chapters. So they still need to negotiate 32 chapters before any accession can happen. Looking at other past candidates you are looking at more like 10+ years. 5 years is really really really unlikely.
I stand by my opinion: "If you have money I would choose Malta or Montenegro (which is expected to join the EU in 5 years)." Also, the PM of Montenegro said in May that In Montenegro's case, 11 of the 35 Chapters are, for all practical purposes closed.

You could always list lots of reasons why something is not good, that is fairly easy... What would you suggest to the OP? BTW the most important fact of how much money he wants to allocate to this project is missing to give proper advice

Hi there

I come from a French-speaking African country, I am not a politician, just an entrepreneur, my country's passport is very weak, very complicated to be able to travel in endless visa procedures, bank account very complicated to do purchases in ASia with bnaciare accounts which for XAF currency.

I am looking for a second reputable passport for me and my family, 100% legal, not very expensive and which will not take 6 to 9 maximum to be available.

After researching the citizenship by investment program of Antigua-and-Barbuda, I find it interesting.

Thank you for taking your time to read and doubly thank you for taking to leave a response.
Have you been able to sort this out?

The funny paradox here is that a person needs a bank account, but banks in many countries don't allow payments for citizenship (probably banks in your home country also won't be able to execute this kind of payment).
If you are a legitimate African business owner and not some corrupted government official you will be able to open bank account in Mauritius. Other option is Interactive Brokers in US. Their KYC will be less strict than when you apply for Citizenship by Investment (unless you choose Vanuatu, they allow everybody and are blacklisted by the EU). Usually business owners have no problems with EU visas.
If you want to move to Caribbean just buy a temporary residence permit in the Bahamas. A good laywer can help with it for a few thousand dollars. Same thing with EU - start a business/apply to university, get a residence permit and open your bank account there.

The funny paradox here is that a person needs a bank account, but banks in many countries don't allow payments for citizenship (probably banks in your home country also won't be able to execute this kind of payment).
He can always pay into an escrow account of a lawyer that will keep his personal matter, by law, personal interest, and self-preservation, confidential.

Latest Threads