Our valued sponsor

Smart enough to make - not smart enough to plan.

wellington

Mentor Group Gold
Nov 14, 2020
Visit site
But of a long one - but can’t help myself thinking of this when I see some of the posts..

You generally see a lot of good posts on here about legally structuring xyz - tax avoidance (legal).

But you also get a hell of a lot of tax evasion, money laundering (evading tax) idiotic questions from time to time.

What I don’t understand - the average tax agency doesn’t give a hoot about say 20k here or there because if you really went through taxes with a fine tooth comb and did all the deductions you’d probably find actually the government owe you money (mine paid me close to 10k when I got round to it a year and bit after leaving the UK).

So I am surmising a lot of these posts are in the 100,000 region. ++

Which is where I am dumbstruck on a number of reasons.

- it’s almost impossible to operate company that generates 6 figures of undeclared income annually in the western world without some form of either digital or physical trail, for physical you have so many checks and balances least not the cost of operating (energy, rent etc - which has all risen and by all accounts depleted most revenues for SMEs)
Which leads me to think

- digital
- dark
- grey

Digital likewise has so many traces and checks and balances - to operate anything you have to pay vendors and those vendors are paid digitally and well that information is shared with the government along a number of avenues - VAT (vendors),Whois (domains), banks / payment processors etc

Now there’s Dark and grey which will be bundled - let’s say it’s cash or crypto - crypto is tracked and f*****g he’ll they really do have you tracked from system to validator/minor to applets to banks, cash on the other hand is worthless unless it can be spent and if you are shifting 100k a year in cash profits I have to ask what sort of business one is in to have that as profits outside of the usual reported profits where the government isn’t looking into you for to understand how you survive if you don’t have normal operational revenues, profits etc I.e that will flag up also.

So really my question is - if (and this goes out to those continuing to come on with evidently stupid questions about hiding illicit (illegal/undeclared/untaxed) funds of this magnitude - why on earth are you not living abroad where you don’t have to jump through these hoops (if legal but undeclared/untaxed).

The tax man has what? 6 yrs on most cases to come after - money laundering has no statute of limitations (UK☺)

Is 100k undeclared/untaxed but evaded really worth 5+ yrs in prison and loss of assets - ability to own a business, bank, get finance, marital issues and more?

Nah f**k that it’s peanuts - in comparison - so why on earth don’t you/these people

1) structure when you are going to do something to lower taxes later - it costs a couple of grand at most and perhaps living overseas for a bit
2) realize profits overseas whereby they are not taxed if non resident (crypto for example) - pre realizing structuring.
3) just pay the dam tax - its 20-25k per hundred k

Say it’s a larger number 1m

-low hanging fruit
-example setting

Or x tax and sleep at night, or if it’s a investment - leave x country and reduce taxes and return later - it’s macro summer - time to leave is now if invested in various markets.

Hopefully jolt a few of the bone heads that come here looking post gathering a loot on how to evade and spends

As some content reads like a safe thief that has robbed the bank, got his loot only to walk outside and remember he forgot to hire a getaway driver

• Haha
Reactions: JohnLocke and jafo
Yes, those are some very good questions you ask in your text, which also provides a good explanation of what one should do instead of cheating on taxes and duties. We must hope that some good suggestions can come out of your post.

Reactions: wellington
I'm a bit MORE skeptical...and maybe it is indeed Hanlon's razor or just pure ignorance, but I do NOT discard that a lot of these questions come from "informants or informants-wannabees" trying to look for an easy payday. :rolleyes:

If a rogue and disobedient "slave" really wanted to become the "Toussaint L'Ouverture of the modern Haitian Revolution" and unchain from his "involuntary business partner & slavemaster", he can easily achieve his objective by going to the dark web for "solutions." :oops:

Here, all one can get is legitimate & legal methods to reduce one's tax liabilities by having the correct structures in the appropriate jurisdictions. ;)

But of a long one - but can’t help myself thinking of this when I see some of the posts..

You generally see a lot of good posts on here about legally structuring xyz - tax avoidance (legal).

But you also get a hell of a lot of tax evasion, money laundering (evading tax) idiotic questions from time to time.

What I don’t understand - the average tax agency doesn’t give a hoot about say 20k here or there because if you really went through taxes with a fine tooth comb and did all the deductions you’d probably find actually the government owe you money (mine paid me close to 10k when I got round to it a year and bit after leaving the UK).

So I am surmising a lot of these posts are in the 100,000 region. ++

Which is where I am dumbstruck on a number of reasons.
Then THIS will shock you:
30 yo, german, I have worked only 2,5 years my entire life and am now semi-retired. I do not try to scale my online business any more, I just maintain it with next to zero effort and use it as passive income. NW is 1,1M, still have 50% of my company and get around 50k a month. Company is in Dubai and I live in Cyprus. My company pays 0% tax and the capital gains tax rate is 0% in Cyprus.

When asked about taxes he replied this:

1701728912984.png

@Don and @CyprusLawyer101, is this accurate, or is this gentleman walking into a tax landmine in Dubai? :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: wellington
Don’t get me wrong - I’ve spoken to people over the years that have evaded taxes either due to idiocy or chancing it - but to be honest those people were jumping from the frying pan to the oven and now treading water - living on the line - and I don’t mean from a tax perspective but more focused towards getting out of debt.

Those types I feel sorry for - because a debt trap can’t be fun.

But like mentioned above about moving somewhere.

There’s some really nice countries with the correct structure where one can live a really good life and pay zero to low taxation whilst still having a vested toe in their home countries and the ability to return.

5 yrs in overseas seems better than five years in prison for tax evasion.

Reactions: jafo
Last edited:
What's the maximum amount to be considered "small business"?

View attachment 5736

;)
Search for "UAE Small business relief."

I made a typo in my previous post, but what I meant is to respond to Wellington, that some criminals think totally differently - They like ripping off people, evading tax and breaching the law in general just because of the thrill of it. They do possess an awareness of the risks, but the addiction to a specific type of adrenaline is what keeps them going; it's what makes it exciting.
They could easily get certain things done legally, but they willfully take huge risks because otherwise, their lives would be boring.
Such persons could be highly intelligent, but their dark nature is what can bring a lot of trouble to those who associate with them.

What I don't get is that governments want to make advisers and lawyers accountable and force them to report to authorities in certain cases, blaming them for being some sort of "enablers of crime".

What I don't get is that governments want to make advisers and lawyers accountable and force them to report to authorities in certain cases, blaming them for being some sort of "enablers of crime".
"governments"??? Those are the REAL criminals. The other "criminals" are small fish and easily avoided. ;)

governments want to make advisers and lawyers accountable and force them to report to authorities in certain cases, blaming them for being some sort of "enablers of crime"
This has been going on since I can remember. My neighbor, as I mentioned before, was a retired European judge and he first let this slip when I was very young. I heard what he said, but it never registered. I was too young.

Then I reheard this in the College of Engineering in the US in the early 80s when I did IT work (part-time) for my General Advisor (a retired prosecutor) the university assigned to international students (not the Academic Advisor).

1701793507394.png

Source: Federal Judge Sanctions US $600K for Secretly Taping Defense Lawyer

Note: The Appellate court reversed the judge's order and let the "government" get off scot-free. Alan Gold, the judge, was just pretending to be shocked. He knew, but he had to deflect and pretend to be "fair & impartial". It's a game for them.

------

This is NOT only limited to the USA...even Australia has this high-level corruption. This is so rampant...some get caught and others get buried...
1701793379019.png

Source: Australian defence lawyer named as police informant

doh948""

Reactions: Don
It seems that even sons of presidents are not immune to stupidity thinking they can outsmart the IRS, or it's just that sometimes snorting takes a higher priority than filing correct tax returns.

• Haha

Latest Threads