Our valued sponsor

Stripe , Wise, EMI works

sham5

Feb 11, 2022
sri lanka
Visit site
Thank you for reading this !
I have read most of all thread about wise and EMI and crypto related. I like to explain my problem as belows.

I am from SRI LANKA ( you can see an island below the india on map)

I have registered UK company and my company provide services to Sri Lankan Local customers.

I use STRIPE as my payment gateway. I create a wise business account under the UK company name and It is linked to stripe. When payment came to stripe I send it to wise like that. Now I want to buy some bitcoin from my company profit. As I know now wise do not allow any crypto related activety. I have tried below services and failed

Swissquote - Not allow Sri lankan
Flowbank - they confirmed not allow sri lankan
nex pay - asking tax declaration (which we have not here)
bankera - I am sure I can go with level 2 but it is 1000 Euro for one month (which is not enough) and also bankera business account cost 400 EURO for process that is not worth of try
Advcash - not allow wise
Monzo, Revolut, paysend.....ect all of them not allow my company bcz of my residence

Can you guys tell me any other way to buy some crypto from my Wise account without too risk

I have this idea you guys can be added something on it,
If there are any EMI allow STRIPE payment and crypto friendly then I can drop Wise, and also Stripe must allow that IBAN too. this is a just idea. I am very tired of finding something work for me, if there are you know anything, please drop on this, it is really matter for me.
Thank You

( I just know binance p2p will work with wise, yes it is risky for wise account but more people doing it, and I know there are no any solutions without risk)

please tell me something can be work!

Last edited:
Reactions: uplana
I'm not sure if this will work, but have you tried with InterGiro and Spectrocoin ? both should work with Wise.

Reactions: sham5
re: Finductive, from their chat as i tried to apply: "Most probably it won't get through sir as there is no substance in Malta or EU, but if you wish to submit an application so we can have al details"

Ok UK is no longer in EU because of brexit I get it. Maybe that is what they meant to say rather than "substance". If they mean substance in the sense of physical operations in that country then its not a good sign in general for others using companies not in their home country.

I'm not sure if this will work, but have you tried with InterGiro and Spectrocoin ? both should work with Wise.
I have wise account with my UK business name and My Spectrocoin account in my personal name , Can I send my business wise to my personal Spectrocoin account ?

( UK Business has registered under my name 100% ownership and company have just 1 share, that's mine)

I have wise account with my UK business name and My Spectrocoin account in my personal name , Can I send my business wise to my personal Spectrocoin account ?
That's called paying yourself a salary or paying dividends, or taking out a loan from the company. In principle totally fine, but make sure you run it with your accountants/tax advisers first.

That's called paying yourself a salary or paying dividends, or taking out a loan from the company. In principle totally fine, but make sure you run it with your accountants/tax advisers
My company is a small business I do not have any accountants for it, in case can you suggest any alternative solution for my documentation ?
I assume this payment as my monthly salary, if Spectrocoin ask for documents what types would be ? I really want to do my documents clearly but I have not enough funds for hire more, Can you tell something that can be handle by myself, Thank you very much!

My company is a small business I do not have any accountants for it, in case can you suggest any alternative solution for my documentation ?
If you don't have the budget yet to hire an accountant, you can do the bookkeeping yourself. There are a lot of programs you can use for this. Xero, Quickbooks, Freeagent, Freshbooks, and so on.

I assume this payment as my monthly salary, if Spectrocoin ask for documents what types would be ?
It is what you say it is, but that also needs to be reflected in the company bookkeeping. If it's salary, they might want to see employment agreement. If it's dividends, a board resolution approving the dividend payment.

Crypto is still a no go with Wise, sad but true.. I hope they will change that soon.

With whats going on in world right now I doubt Wise has that risk appetite until not allowing crypto activity affects their bottom line.

Latest Threads