Our valued sponsor

Tax Obligations for Non-Resident Owners

Singa

Oct 24, 2020
Visit site
Hi there,

I’m live in Qatar.

I Willing to open a non-US resident LLC. (in NEW MEXICO OR WYOMING ) I provide online web design services and online freelancing in USA and outside the USA. As my customers
Can be worldwide!
I want to receive all payments in USD from TransferWise.

My question is that how much tax i have to pay by giving the services in USA and outside the USA. I just want to open a TransferWise business bank account.

My transactions will be pretty straight forward, My LLC transferwise bank Account will mainly to receive all my payments from my customers, i will not be adding funds to my transferwise Business bank account, It just will only be a way to receive my payment!

And that's about it!

- So is there will be any US tax obligations whatsoever?

Whether if(personal tax, States taxes, Federal taxes, local taxes, sales taxes... etc)

- Will i need to file any other form than 5472?

___

Thanks for reading looking forward to your answers =)

There shouldn’t be any tax to pay, except whatever the state you register in charges you to maintain the company. The IRS will treat the IRS as if it didn’t exist - so you will pay the exact same amount of taxes as if you sent an invoice under your own name, from Qatar. There should only be tax once you have employees or other “substance” in the US. If the services are performed outside the US, there will be no US tax.
If the services are performed in the US, there can be US tax, but not if you only have sales meetings there or attend conferences.
I think you only have to file form 5472, but if you do work in the US, I think you might also have to file 1040NR or 1120F. Just get a good CPA and you should be fine.
If you don’t need anonymity, you can also go for a more reputable US state like Texas or Florida.

Disclaimer: I don’t have any experience with this, I only looked into it briefly.

Reactions: Singa

Latest Threads