Our valued sponsor

Transactional bank in CH / LIE

inector

Member Plus
May 6, 2021
Russia
Visit site
Hey,

After being told to have $1 billion to open SC, $100 million for Citibank, and being profesionally referred to as "beggar" by Swiss banks - makes me believe I am a street hotdog seller.

Are there any big banks left that offer transactional banking in good jurisdictions like Swiss or Lie?

...i'm probably asking for too much, but worth a shot, it's an EU company, no crypto / adult / etc.

what business and nationality are you if they request 1b :) This is nonsense
EU nationality & business, it's like a repair service.

When I asked SC if they have small business accounts, they replied:

Thanks for your mail, kindly note we would require to confirm on the below criteria and we can then help to take this forward.

3 times...a joke of a bank

The best part was when I called Citibank in Switzerland (in LU they were nice), and I told him about what my business does, and mid-way conversation he goes "Sorry, we only onboard clients with 10$ million revenue", so I told him "But I never actually told you how much I make", and he literally asked me "Ah, how much is your business making?"...

After being told to have $1 billion to open SC, $100 million for Citibank, and being profesionally referred to as "beggar" by Swiss banks - makes me believe I am a street hotdog seller.
Welcome to the CLUB, partner! smi(&% rof/%

Two years ago while exporting beaucoup PPE products from China to the world in the middle of the pandemic with huge accounts at ICBC in China, the ICBC Zürich Branch (a Chinese state-owned bank) told me to go pound sand smi(&%rof/%. See for yourself:

1693419151452.png

I've been in business LONGER than ICBC! smi(&% And they still told me I needed >2 billion CHF *and* a proven track record, which means to them a turnover of >2 billion CHF per year for at least 5 years, preferably 10 years doh948""

1693418992364.png

I tucked my tail between my legs, checked my ego at the door, wrapped my ego in osmium, and threw it to the bottom of the deepest lake in CH, Lake Geneva. They basically called me a POS beggar too :p

Oh well..... C'est la vie! :cool:

Don't take it personally! Remember: those who wrote that email or told you that, don't possess what they require YOU to possess ;)

Don't let bank monkeys discourage you! :cool:

Up, up & above! coo-:!y

$1 billion to open SC
SC = Standard Chartered?

I've been in business LONGER than ICBC! And they still told me I needed >2 billion CHF *and* a proven track record, which means to them a turnover of >2 billion CHF per year for at least 5 years, preferably 10 years
Ahaha, banks get better and better.
SC = Standard Chartered?
Yep

why not just do simple EMI? Do you really need high street bank in EU?
In most cases simple EMI is enough..
The business is 7-figures, EMIs are risky, but are in place.

Reactions: jafo
In the course of my business, I do have EMIs also, but as my third option. Stablecoins are my first option and my second option is regular brick-and-mortar banks.

I'm on OCT to learn about as many EMIs, neobanks, and regular banks as I can. I spread the risk evenly to all the EMIs. I can't sleep well if I have all my eggs in one basket. ;)

Reactions: Forester
Ahaha, banks get better and better.

Yep

My main and only business account is on Mercury and its 7 figures and i trust them on 8 figures and they are EMI and they deserve to be a bank really while some banks in US do problems to some people on Monkey way

anyway check with Dukascopy Bank its real bank and open a business account with them

As personal account they are really having bad reviews and a lot had very bad experince with them but try the business they may be good

Sounds like "we really don't want to work with you for some reason", not "everything < 1B is too small". ICBC is probably there just to facilitate business for Chinese corporations and people, but it would look hostile to just say that (racist or maybe even illegal), so they present this impossible requirements. Any reasons why they wouldn't want to / can't work with you?

Forgot to add: Bank Frick in LI maybe? I remember talking to them and they mentioned they don't want "asset management", they earn fees on transactions. Also they didn't look too interested when I mentioned 1M, but later said that 5M was plenty, even if not transferred to them. It's still very high limit, but not something ridiculous like above. They are very blockchain-oriented though. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forester
ICBC is probably there just to facilitate business for Chinese corporations and people, but it would look hostile to just say that (racist or maybe even illegal), so they present this impossible requirements.

Exactly. It's constructive rejection ;).

• Haha
Without a local company banks in many countries will not talk to you… If you have no Swiss company they do not want to work with you anymore, only if you generate a lot of income to compensate for taking a risky foreign client. If you have a 7 figure turnover, that is nothing in Switzerland

Reactions: Forester and jafo
Hey,

Are there any big banks left that offer transactional banking in good jurisdictions like Swiss or Lie?

...i'm probably asking for too much, but worth a shot, it's an EU company, no crypto / adult / etc.

Yes. but honestly, what do you expect. They are not offering retail banking in Switzerland. They just offer institutional banking. BCG also has an office in Hong Kong, where they do not open accounts for local Hong Kong companies. Yes, unless millions.

Just go to a Swiss bank which has retail banking.

ch bank are pain in axx, i think with the funds you have any bank in a decent juridiction will take you company , try deltech for example, or you can talk to bank of georgia , singapore also is good , why not a free zone company in turkey there is plenty of exlent banks there