Our valued sponsor

UK IBAN account which works with Stripe/Kickstarter

cr4sh

Jan 13, 2019
Visit site
Hi!

We have UK base LTD company. The problem is that among directors there are not any UK residents. So we can't open bank account in high street banks. So we need some alternatives. We need account with GB IBAN which works with Stripe. We need it for Kickstarter campaign which use Stripe. I have experience with one Kickstarter campaign. We had some problems because we decided to use Revolut. It turned out that Stripe doesn't support Revolut because its virtual account. So Kickstarter had to convert funds to EUR and we were able to pay it out to Transferwise EUR account. It's because for EUR accounts they hold money in real bank.

After some research I found Sogexia and seems that they have GB IBAN and holds money in regular bank. Quote from their webstie:
When you open a Sogexia account, your funds are safeguarded on an account in the UK held by Raphaels Bank and BNP Paribas. That is why, we have to assign a UK IBAN to your account, starting with the letters “GB”.

The problem is that they have maximum available balance 80000 EUR and charge 1,25% for incoming bank transfer. Do you know any similar alternatives?

Reactions: JohnLocke
Hi!

We have UK base LTD company. The problem is that among directors there are not any UK residents. So we can't open bank account in high street banks. So we need some alternatives. We need account with GB IBAN which works with Stripe. We need it for Kickstarter campaign which use Stripe. I have experience with one Kickstarter campaign. We had some problems because we decided to use Revolut. It turned out that Stripe doesn't support Revolut because its virtual account. So Kickstarter had to convert funds to EUR and we were able to pay it out to Transferwise EUR account. It's because for EUR accounts they hold money in real bank.

After some research I found Sogexia and seems that they have GB IBAN and holds money in regular bank. Quote from their webstie:
When you open a Sogexia account, your funds are safeguarded on an account in the UK held by Raphaels Bank and BNP Paribas. That is why, we have to assign a UK IBAN to your account, starting with the letters “GB”.

The problem is that they have maximum available balance 80000 EUR and charge 1,25% for incoming bank transfer. Do you know any similar alternatives?

Become UK resident through rent and prepaid phone (UK) and wait like 3 months then open account at Barclays.

With a UK company you should have plenty of options in the EMI space. Read the EMI thread carefully and evaluate the dozens of options.

I only work with EMIs that allow classic offshores, which is how I know that Epayments provides a GB IBAN, IIRC. It's just a routing thing though, as they really bank in Latvia (Rietumu). Pretty good terms (e.g. free inward transfers) but I wouldn't be storing large sums there. It's mostly fine as a pit stop.

With a UK company you should have plenty of options in the EMI space. Read the EMI thread carefully and evaluate the dozens of options.

I only work with EMIs that allow classic offshores, which is how I know that Epayments provides a GB IBAN, IIRC. It's just a routing thing though, as they really bank in Latvia (Rietumu). Pretty good terms (e.g. free inward transfers) but I wouldn't be storing large sums there. It's mostly fine as a pit stop.

EMI for girls not for real mans :D

Latest Threads