Our valued sponsor

UK LTD holding US LLC or viceversa?

EuroKiss

Pro Member
Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
Hello all!
I am a EU citizen resident in a virtually no-tax country, and I need to set up a company to bill via CC (Stripe) and via wire transfer. Due to LLC limitation in US with Stripe (supposly for what I red here they do not accept non-US managed LLC) I need the UK LTD, and since I will probably bill with Zelle business as well I need the US LLC to open a bank account in the US.
Since I would like to link both companies, I was wondering - for tax purposes - which structure makes more sense: UK LTD holding US LLC or viceversa. I guess it should be exactly the same - I am a foreigner for both entities so I should be taxed in the no-tax country where I reside right now, but would be great some way more expert opinions, many thanks!

A UK Ltd. is tax resident in the UK, unless you apply for something else under a tax treaty. Or unless your local tax office does that for you.
Since you wrote your in a no-tax country, the company will probably have to pay taxes on all its profits in the UK.

You may want to look into setting up a company that pays its taxes where it is incorporated, so either a UK Ltd. or a US corporation. That company could act as a payment processor for your offshore company for a small fee.

Reactions: EuroKiss
A UK Ltd. is tax resident in the UK, unless you apply for something else under a tax treaty. Or unless your local tax office does that for you.
Since you wrote your in a no-tax country, the company will probably have to pay taxes on all its profits in the UK.

You may want to look into setting up a company that pays its taxes where it is incorporated, so either a UK Ltd. or a US corporation. That company could act as a payment processor for your offshore company for a small fee.
Thanks for you reply! I forgot to mention that all my traffic - and customers - are from Latin America and US, so no processing from UK or EU.

Latest Threads