Our valued sponsor

UnionPay card USD currency

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
But he's an advance, not a debit card.
(I'm not sure whether you have noticed my update.)
TBMK, CIM Banque issues (in addition to UnionPay Credit) also prepaid UnionPay cards, that I consider equivalent to debit, in fact.
The main card organizations issued by the better known international banks are still MasterCard and Visa.
Yes, I think you are right.

(I'm not sure whether you have noticed my update.)
TBMK, CIM Banque issues (in addition to UnionPay Credit) also prepaid UnionPay cards, that I consider equivalent to debit, in fact.

Yes, I think you are right.
Many banks in Hong Kong, Singapore and Macau issue UnionPay debit or credit cards. But I don't find it very useful, except when you use it locally

Reactions: Forester
Perhaps not only; e.g. Swiss Dukascopy issues it, too, IIRC. But mostly.
Sorry, EDIT: Dukascopy only considered to do this, perhaps. But CIM Banque issues it for sure.
CIM Bankque doesn't issue, it's a prepay card issued by some other provider (can't remember the name).

From experience with Cim, its basically a Bank utilising white labelling of other service providers, but heaps of compliance makes it totally redundant for either personal or commercial use.

The only time they didn't ask for a paper-trail was when i owed them some money whilst closing the account - that time they made an exception lol.

* Note i take it you are referring to Cim Bankque Swiss, not Cim Bank Thailand.

Many banks in Hong Kong, Singapore and Macau issue UnionPay debit or credit cards. But I don't find it very useful, except when you use it locally
Used all over Asia -> UnionPay is great because its on Chinese rails.

In a world of geopolitical change this is important for a number of reasons.

1. diversification (can't buy a plane ticket in a war if the payment processor goes dark -> see Russia Visa/Master etc.
  2. privacy (in time of heated exchanges ->states are looking at their overseas citizens in the region as potential enemy combatant and want as much information on them as possible, before deciding to intern them.
  3. Deficit explosion -> in a time of instability governments are looking where to loot, pretty hard if that information is outside of their control.

The only time they didn't ask for a paper-trail was when i owed them some money whilst closing the account - that time they made an exception lol.
rof/% rof/% rof/% rof/% This made me laugh so hard! Reminded me of this:

1702311177727.png

Source:
Don't forget to declare income from stolen goods and illegal activities, IRS says. “If you find $1 on the street or embezzle from your employer, that’s all taxable income, as well as your paycheck from flipping burgers at McDonald’s,” one tax preparer said.

I agree with UnionCard's value. I have tried to apply for as many as I can in Asian countries. One never knows. Also, this diversification helps me sleep better at night. If anything, the Russia - Ukraine fiasco and confiscations made me nervous.

CIM Bankque doesn't issue, it's a prepay card issued by some other provider (can't remember the name).
Are you sure? I've just checked this https://www.cimbanque.com/en/private-banking/credit-and-prepaid-cards/union-pay/...
(Yes, I am referring to CIM Banque Switzerland, not CIM Bank Thailand.)
Could not it be similarly as with e.g. VISA, when no CH bank formally issues the cards but they are all commonly issued by VISECA CH?
:) I am not advocating for CIM Banque. At least, their fees are not friendly ;).
Used all over Asia -> UnionPay is great because its on Chinese rails.

In a world of geopolitical change this is important for a number of reasons.

1. diversification (can't buy a plane ticket in a war if the payment processor goes dark -> see Russia Visa/Master etc.
  2. privacy (in time of heated exchanges ->states are looking at their overseas citizens in the region as potential enemy combatant and want as much information on them as possible, before deciding to intern them.
  3. Deficit explosion -> in a time of instability governments are looking where to loot, pretty hard if that information is outside of their control.
I agree with you.

Latest Threads