Our valued sponsor

US LLC for e-commerce with focus on privacy/protection (non-res)

Posting again as original thread somehow got deleted. If the previous posters could comment then that’d be much appreciated.

Im looking to form a US LLC (probably Wyoming) for protection/anonymity.

Not looking to evade any taxes in home country etc.

The purpose of creating a US LLC would be for protection of assets in the event of any (unlikely) law suits.

One concern is “piercing the corporate veil”, exposing the members of a single person LLC, thus enabling proceedings in home country (UK). Does anybody have any experience with this?

Are there any other possible setups in different countries that I should be looking into?

Reactions: GameBoy
I think you'll be ok. Just make sure that your real identity is used as least as possible (preferably never) in the incorporation process.

Be aware though that there will always be some degree (however limited) of risk involved.
I know it’s possible with incorporation by using a registered agent, but I would still have to submit ID for the bank account.

Obviously if a lawsuit appears, then I think they can obtain that info. Sounds like it hasn’t happened to anyone on this forum though.

I did actually find a thread where people were stating that a Belize LLC can open a Florida LLC, wondering if this is the road to take…

Obviously if a lawsuit appears, then I think they can obtain that info. Sounds like it hasn’t happened to anyone on this forum though.
That will be the case regardless where you are going to setup the company. The trick is to make your corporate structure very complicated to penetrate, or, to make it so expensive that it's not worth it for any regular creditor.

Alternative you open the same question inside mentor group gold to get other suggestions.

Reactions: forbidd3nknowl3dg3
I did actually find a thread where people were stating that a Belize LLC can open a Florida LLC, wondering if this is the road to take…
Pretty much nowhere as it's hard to open a bank account for that kind of structure unless you can provide a fairly high minimum deposit.

There's also the possibility of 30% branch profit tax being imposed on the LLC but I'm not exactly sure how that works, you'd have to check with a CPA.