Our valued sponsor

US SMLLC (disregarder) vs any other offshore

sergeylim88

Member Plus
Nov 27, 2018
Visit site
i was reading a lot about smllc in usa, foreign owned disregarded entity.
i my understanding if the owner of the company is not a us person (citizen, resident, green card holder...) the company will pay 0% tax.
even in case that all your business income (let's say a service that you perform while residing outside us) is from us customers (us business, us persons) your company will not be taxed.
accounts are easy to get in us bank, payment processors (paypal, stripe) are also easy.

why are people struggling with nevis, belize, seychelles, st. vincent?
when this us smllc seems to solve all issues(0% tax, accessible bank accounts).
cfc rules apply for both us & offshore islands, if your country has them.

can someone tell me if I am missing something?

I believe at some point you will need to bring your passport and utility to the table also with a US LLC and then you will have to pay personal income tax from all earnings in the US LLC.

are you talking about paying income tax in the country of your residency or in the us?
according to what I find the stepping stones are US sourced income (which can be a matter of discussion since the rules are not fixed) and ETOB (engage in trade or business).
the ETOB becomes active in case you have constant business, and considerable amount (no additional details are given).

anyone else have some input?

are you talking about paying income tax in the country of your residency or in the us?
according to what I find the stepping stones are US sourced income (which can be a matter of discussion since the rules are not fixed) and ETOB (engage in trade or business).
the ETOB becomes active in case you have constant business, and considerable amount (no additional details are given).

anyone else have some input?
Uplana talked about personal income tax. Being disregarded means if you live in a high tax country you have to pay taxes in your home country.

Latest Threads