Our valued sponsor

What are your sources when searching where to invest?

About the problem of direct bonds investments with big minimum nominal:

There is more and more fractional services - Trade Republic already allows fractional bonds (not tested, cannot registered on TR). Probably, there will be more and more services like this shortly.

Ishares have some ibonds in euros and usd now which helps to build a diversified bonds ladder with maturity date.

The balance of stocks/bonds depends on the risk acceptance of each individual. 60/40... 40/60... 30/70... check max drawdown with tools like Portfolio Visualizer even if we don't know the future... we have a historical basis.

Bond picking is extremely risky due to interest rate risks. I exited my AAA government bonds before rate rises. I would be sitting on 30-35% of capital lose or more if I didnt time it right...lol.
Funny to read this today.

I remember this discussion in 2021 when rates were very low and you took me for an idiot:
"You get it. Holding to maturity all day"

:p

Last edited:
If you forget about it without ever rebalancing, it will not remain 60/40

It is not supposed to ever remain 60/40 and never to be re-balanced. It is fire and forget as I said.

$1.5-2m is enough to build a well diversified portfolio.

Not for bonds sadly unless you can find a good fractional bond platform which then introduces another set of unacceptable risks.

Would you suggest some books align with your philosophy?

None come to mind yet. I will post here if one does.

How do you play both sides with real estate when it comes to Geopolitics?

The geopolitical aspect is important. I don't hold any real estate in the west at all. I discussed more about the geopolitics and how I came to my decision in below thread. In short I exited the sovereign European bond market and went completely out of book assets which can be confiscated. I went into tangible assets outside the banking and global custodian clearing system and west.

P.S Look what geopolitics (read as not following sanctions on Russia) under guise of AML did to clearing houses in UAE below.

It is not supposed to ever remain 60/40 and never to be re-balanced. It is fire and forget as I said.

Not for bonds sadly unless you can find a good fractional bond platform which then introduces another set of unacceptable risks.

None come to mind yet. I will post here if one does.

The geopolitical aspect is important. I don't hold any real estate in the west at all. I discussed more about the geopolitics and how I came to my decision in below thread. In short I exited the sovereign European bond market and went completely out of book assets which can be confiscated. I went into tangible assets outside the banking and global custodian clearing system and west.

P.S Look what geopolitics (read as not following sanctions on Russia) under guise of AML did to clearing houses in UAE below.

No no. Remember, you used to play both sides when it comes to Geopolitics. Do you still do it with real estate?

No no. Remember, you used to play both sides when it comes to Geopolitics. Do you still do it with real estate?

Not any more.

Get out of the EU and west while you still can eek¤%&. See my post below.

It is hard to find a professional who don't rob you
100% this! I don't even bother with accountants or lawyers or consultants anymore! I am learning by making my OWN mistakes! I've been learning for decades rof/% No need the mention the plethora of mistakes I have made so far. But there is a trick I learned from Warren Buffett & Charlie Munger to stay ahead of my losses ;)

I don't even trust my mother these days.
I feel personally attacked here smi(&% rof/% .
In my mom's defense, she means no wrong. She doesn't know that she doesn't know.
1700065326077.png

I never liked Northern Hemisphere. Do you still take English law into account when investing?

Yes being based on English Common Law is important.

No mate, it's good ! Yes, I am aware of turtle system. Good to know and expand the knowledge. But how you monitor what you look at when deciding to make investment/trade. You use free tools ? Threat is indeed more on investing but 'traders' are welcome to discuss and share info. From your posts I assume you are pure algo/trend follower, but this year CTAs among other asset classes inside HF spectrum had the worst performance, didn't they ?
Oops, missed this earlier. I pay for end of day data which I import into Excel. Delivered by email each day as a csv file. I track around 90 US listed stocks based on criteria like market cap and volume and availability of LEAPS. Nothing too complicated. For futures I track the main ones and two or three periods forward.

Every now and then I play around with other data sources and APIs etc and realise my basic system just works for me. All up I can review what I need within 10-15 minutes a day. It's all summarised in two tables with alerts for new opportunities or actions required based on my holdings.

It is pure trend following. My actions are based on what the formulae say. There are also rules around unit size, adding more to an existing holding and risk. The latter being the most important. I can go for days or longer without a trade. Especially if I'm at my maximum risk level.

I've only branched out to futures this year and don't really track what how the CTAs are going other than listening to a few podcasts depending on my location and length of the morning beach walks. Plus it is only me and I don't have any outside investors. The whole process suits my personality and philosophies in relation to money. It is not for everyone as taking losses can be tough some days and the drawdowns can be unsettling at time.

Ok guys lets return to thread topic...thx.