Our valued sponsor

What jurisdiction to look for in an EMI/Crypto Visa/Debit card in terms of reporting

abc123

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
Residents in Europe. I am comparing different prepaid/visa/mc card providers and wonder what are warning flags when it comes to jurisdiction and reporting.

The most common setup I notice is:
Most debit visa/mc cards are issued by Lithuanian licensed companies/UAB even if main company is registered somewhere else.
Most companies are registered and licensed in UK but they write that cards are issued by the Lithuanian entity.

Is this common setup something to stay away from for privacy and should we look for EMIs that don't have this setup? And with cards not issued by Lithuanian entity?

Some jurisdiction what I've heard of requires a policereport or court case filed in that country for the banks to share information with the requesting party and any other attempts will be ignored/denied.
I guess the Lithuania will easily share any information asked for without respecting that privacy or extra work required from the asking party wether it's law enforcement in your country or tax governments. Meaning it's a stay-away flag if you wish to have your trading history as private as possible.

Which jurisdictions are best privacy wise to seek for EMI accounts and have Visa/MC debit cards provided?
My definition of best privacy wise for above is the EMI would require court document or police report to release the necessary information requested for. And of course no automatic reporting.

Anyone know any EMI that already applies that privacy policy? Of course with good history/reputation.
Wether it's a fiat EMI or crypto based EMI does not matter and are both of high interest.

If any information is wrong in my topic, please correct me.

Residents in Europe. I am comparing different prepaid/visa/mc card providers and wonder what are warning flags when it comes to jurisdiction and reporting.

The most common setup I notice is:
Most debit visa/mc cards are issued by Lithuanian licensed companies/UAB even if main company is registered somewhere else.
Most companies are registered and licensed in UK but they write that cards are issued by the Lithuanian entity.

Is this common setup something to stay away from for privacy and should we look for EMIs that don't have this setup? And with cards not issued by Lithuanian entity?

Some jurisdiction what I've heard of requires a policereport or court case filed in that country for the banks to share information with the requesting party and any other attempts will be ignored/denied.
I guess the Lithuania will easily share any information asked for without respecting that privacy or extra work required from the asking party wether it's law enforcement in your country or tax governments. Meaning it's a stay-away flag if you wish to have your trading history as private as possible.

Which jurisdictions are best privacy wise to seek for EMI accounts and have Visa/MC debit cards provided?
My definition of best privacy wise for above is the EMI would require court document or police report to release the necessary information requested for. And of course no automatic reporting.

Anyone know any EMI that already applies that privacy policy? Of course with good history/reputation.
Wether it's a fiat EMI or crypto based EMI does not matter and are both of high interest.

If any information is wrong in my topic, please correct me.
Well you have the risk of data leaks and willful attempts of using stolen documents obtained by bribing employees (Germany is well documented doing this).
So best is you have your own affair setup in a way it will not matter.

@JackAlabama of course such risk is available always or if they wiretap your home or use social engineering hacks to get to you.

The topic was created to find which countries or legislation to opt for initially to at least make that part harder as a first layer. If anyone has any advises on topic?

Latest Threads