Our valued sponsor

What member status would you trust more on OCT?

Considering to buy from a member at OffshoreCorpTalk what member status would you trust more?

• I will trust only lifetime member!

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • I will trust elite member with escrow!

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • I will not trust anyone without escrow!

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters

I'mRobot

Merchant Account expert
Mentor Group Gold
Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Considering the new LIFETIME membership and it's costs I believe someone out for a SCAM would not offer 4K Euro to the forum to risk his account to be banned.

I mean how stupid would that be!

Would you trust a lifetime member more than a elite or gold member?

Regardless of membership status, you should always do your own due diligence. 4,000 is a high margin to clear for low-level scams but unfortunately some people run scams that can cover those costs (and way, way more).

If something sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true. Be cautious, be clever. Use an escrow service when you can.

1. If the gross revenue is < $4K, I would trust a lifetime member 100% of the time. They can ONLY not pay me once and <$4K is NOT a lot of money to lose to learn a valuable lesson.
  2. If the gross revenue is >$4K then an escrow account with OCT *and* a lawyer is the ONLY way to go.

If the gross revenue is < $4K, I would trust a lifetime member 100% of the time. They can ONLY not pay me once and <$4K is NOT a lot of money to lose to learn a valuable lesson.
I was just to reply the same. I t depends on the trade amount if it is below the 4K I would have no doubts to buy from a mentor group gold lifetime member, if it is above I would look at how much... scammers won't pay that fee to run a scam around here, the account is going to be banned and the money is gone!

Reactions: I'mRobot and jafo
Here are some factors that you can consider when assessing the trustworthiness of a member on OCT:

• Their post history: Look for signs of trustworthiness, such as helpful and informative posts.
  • Their reputation: Check to see if they have been banned or reported for any suspicious activity.
  • Their interactions with other members: Pay attention to how they treat other members.
  • Their overall behavior: Do they seem genuine and trustworthy?
By considering these factors, you can get a better sense of whether or not a member on OCT is trustworthy.

I agree with you that someone who is out to scam people would be less likely to purchase a lifetime membership on OCT. The cost of a lifetime membership is quite high, so it would be a significant investment for someone who only planned to use the forum for fraudulent purposes. Additionally, if they were caught scamming people, they would risk having their account banned, which would mean losing their lifetime membership.

Here are some factors that you can consider when assessing the trustworthiness of a member on OCT:

• Their post history: Look for signs of trustworthiness, such as helpful and informative posts.
  • Their reputation: Check to see if they have been banned or reported for any suspicious activity.
  • Their interactions with other members: Pay attention to how they treat other members.
  • Their overall behavior: Do they seem genuine and trustworthy?
By considering these factors, you can get a better sense of whether or not a member on OCT is trustworthy.

I agree with you that someone who is out to scam people would be less likely to purchase a lifetime membership on OCT. The cost of a lifetime membership is quite high, so it would be a significant investment for someone who only planned to use the forum for fraudulent purposes. Additionally, if they were caught scamming people, they would risk having their account banned, which would mean losing their lifetime membership.
I agree with the above. We have seen multiple people with mentor gold memberships who have turned out to be scammers. In my opinion, the amount you donate does not affect trustability at all. Instead, trust is better built when people are open about their identity and company (e.g., Fred is a great example).

Considering the new LIFETIME membership and it's costs I believe someone out for a SCAM would not offer 4K Euro to the forum to risk his account to be banned.

I mean how stupid would that be!

Would you trust a lifetime member more than a elite or gold member?
I mean, there was some guy who apparently scammed in connection with a 25k+ transaction

So I'd say it's both a good and a bad thing, good thing as in how @cuno mentioned that you could trust someone with that kind of membership for a smaller transaction since it wouldn't make sense to risk such a large amount for a small exit.

But on another hand, it may give a false sense of security, as in someone buys it with ulterior motives, builds reputation, and then exits by scamming a large amount due to the perceived trust associated with lifetime members.

I guess it would be useful to rather consider it as a "deposit" to protect exit scamming and to make users feel safer to do small business transactions with these individuals.

I mean, there was some guy who apparently scammed in connection with a 25k+ transaction
Such type of transactions I would not do without Escrow - otherwise I agree with what most say, smaller transaction 500 - 2000 EUR with a MG Gold lifetime member would not worry me for a second. Also because I know that our admin is banning people quickly if you tell them about a scam.

Keep it coming, I have a few business partners considering advertising here and they consider the lifetime membership to show they are legit and can be trusted.

Reactions: jafo
It is probably difficult to determine trust on membership status. What I look for is how active the users are here on the forum, what they write and whether their answers help those who read the thread or only have the purpose of advertising.

If the user is helpful and professional, then I take the plunge, so far, I haven't had any bad experiences here yet. If such a user also has the new lifetime membership, I will support that person and buy from him. We must remember that these memberships keep the forum running, which is why I have also renewed my membership every month and will soon jump to lifetime.

I see the forum owners posted already important notes

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo