Our valued sponsor

What's the best setup for online investing (IB) with offshore corp?

kenson463

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I have a particular problem that I believe many have already solved because I read here many of you are already doing the same thing.

Basically I want to open a corporate investing account with Interactive Brokers and invest my company money to earn interest.

I have a Seychelles IBC and EMI account for the business. It's an online business, making affiliate websites. Current setup works fine for the business.
Getting a real bank account failed once tough only tried in HK.
EU citizen.

I'd like to defer or minimize corporate taxes. I'm fine with paying taxes when transfering money from company to my personal account.

What setup do you recommend?

Should I get a new offshore company or is it possible to get a corp account with IB with Seyhcelles IBC. I started their application process but got stopped by FACTA where they claim I'm supposed to pay taxes to USA? I'm in no way connected to USA so I don't understand this.

Do I need a real bank account?

What banks are best at getting an account while being relatively safe. At least safer than EMI.

Thank you for your advice.

Don't you say you have a Seychelles IBC and EMI account already? have you asked the brokerage firm if they will accept your setup or what countries they support?

Did you ask Interactive Brokers if they accept transfers from a Offshore company and some particular EMI of your choice?

I haven't contacted IB but they do support Seychelles according to the info on their site. Like I said in the post, I started the application process but seems I won't be able to finish it because of FACTA.

I'd like to know what setups others have used for trading.

It seems odd that you had difficulties with FATCA if you are not a US citizen or connected in any way to the US. Seychelles Companies can open bank accounts with normal international banks without much difficulty and particularly for your nature of business given above, but some banks can take issue if your clients are US based etc so maybe this was the issue. It should not be necessary for you to form a new company, but obviously this is an option you may want to consider.

Just wondering if OP has managed to find a solution? I understand FACTA is not an issue, what I'm wondering about is how to fund the account at IB via Seychelles IBC. What setup did you use?
interesting question, the thread is 2 y.o but we will have to see if OP will post back.

Latest Threads