Our valued sponsor

Whats your thoughts about Transferwise now?

Spinat

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
I wonder what your thoughts about Transferwise is as per almost END 2019 ?

Can we trust them do? Are they safe to use for long term business activity as long as everything is legit and transparent?

Reactions: clemens
I'm a frequent user and haven't had any issues with them.

It's easy to forget, but TransferWise got started as a money remittance company competing with the likes of Xoom and Western Union. That's an additional revenue source on top of what they make from the Borderless Account product. Unlike so many EMIs and digital challenger banks, TW is profitable.

It's not entirely unlikely they'll need to clean up a little bit soon, with seemingly so many people having accounts with IBCs and other dodgy offshore companies with them. I don't see that affecting me or my businesses, though, so I remain reasonably confident with them.

Reactions: Spinat
Can you received money from PayPal to the Transferwise borderless account?

Would you say it is possible and safe to receive payments from Kraken to Transferwise or would it be better to find a different exchange? What would you suggest to receive BTC money to Transferwise?

Can you received money from PayPal to the Transferwise borderless account?

Would you say it is possible and safe to receive payments from Kraken to Transferwise or would it be better to find a different exchange? What would you suggest to receive BTC money to Transferwise?
They don't allow cryptocurrency but in my own experience.... It all depends on when and who will check you.

I didn't know about this restriction and I used Kraken with TW quite a lot, but they had no clue the money were from Kraken (even if it was pretty clear to be honest). So, I had no problem. But.. for sure you can find some employees more smart and stop you pretty fast. But not automatically.

What about PayPal has someone tried to receive payment from PayPal to Transferwise?

Didn't need to provide a selfie worked just like this.

Anyway, how can I get a IBAN number in my name from TransferWise? All I see is ADD MONEY and then I have to enter how much I want to transfer and it has to come from an account in my name! I thought I got my own IBAN account number! This is not working with paypal at all.

Didn't need to provide a selfie worked just like this.

Anyway, how can I get a IBAN number in my name from TransferWise? All I see is ADD MONEY and then I have to enter how much I want to transfer and it has to come from an account in my name! I thought I got my own IBAN account number! This is not working with paypal at all.

Which country docs you used? And was it a personal or company account?

Go to Balances and click the currency balance you want account details for, and it will appear. Under TW Account Holder, it will say your company name. Under that is the SWIFT/BIC and next to it the IBAN.
ahhh that's the problem I didn't had any account there so far, can open EURO account, finally found it :D

Which country docs you used? And was it a personal or company account?
First Swedish personal documents and then add Belize corp for business. All approved quickly. I paid the fee to get the debit card send ASAP so all verification went through asap.

Reactions: LazyFox
Not received the card yet.. but I loaded the initial amount to get the card with my debit card, but they also accept bank transfer and some payment processor.

Another problem now is that PayPal only allow to add accounts in Swedish kroner so that means you will need to have a nationality which Transferwise support in local currency and that match the paypal account.

I used to work with TW during last few month, everything was pretty much fine. Cheap transfers, nice exchange rate. Only thing that SWIFT payment out of EU was up to 6-7 days.
But last week they have announced, that they closing our account due to reasons they wont uncover and now I have blocked 2k eur for 60 days as they told me. Since I read some other similar issues with TW makes me a bit worry about is I ll get back my blocked money .