Our valued sponsor

Whats your thoughts about Transferwise now?

And what's the problem? I have received this before, but the receiver bank still cleared the transaction.

And what's the problem? I have received this before, but the receiver bank still cleared the transaction.
The problem is that after 11 days my funds haven't cleared and TransferWise support isn't very confident that it will. I have no doubt that Swift receipts work for many (most?) cases, all I'm saying is that it isn't guaranteed to clear.

If you send EUR to EUR account there is not the slightest problem. You may ask the receiver bank to what is going on at their end. Most often TW can't do anything wiht transfers send to other accounts where this issue occurred.

It seems TransferWise themselves aren't too sure what the situation is. Both these screenshots were taken off their website today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191218_103241.jpg
    Screenshot_20191218_103241.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 270
  • Screenshot_20191218_103204.jpg
    Screenshot_20191218_103204.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 259
Reactions: clemens and Deniz
Received the following explanation from Transferwise regarding the swift receipts:

What happens is that at the moment we have two different partner banks for our EUR balances. So: * If your IBAN starts with DE you can receive SWIFT payments from outside the SEPA zone. * If your IBAN starts with BE you can only receive SEPA payments. No SWIFT. One thing to keep in mind is that for both accounts you can only receive in EUR.

Reactions: skinner and Deniz
I’ve been using TW borderless account for one year in order to receive Eur in SEPA and transfer Eur to outside of SEPA. So far, so good, everything has been going smooth.
[...]

That's interesting. Is the EUR outside SEPA sent as OUR or SHA (fees) from Transferwise?
By doing that it means they get 0 business, no FX involved, no fees to receive and send EUR.
Won't they block such pass through accounts? Do they provide a full monthly statements in PDF?

I would definitely recommend TransferWise hap¤#", but please keep in mind if You use several accounts, don't sign up or sign in on one PC (identic IP, etc). If one account comes under suspicion and is blocked, other accounts unrelated to each other will also be blocked without any justification. Of course, you will return the money within 60 days, but your business will be frozen.. :confused:

Did anyone else get the Transferwise email that said Transferwise DE Euro iban's are switching to a belgium BE one by July 2020 and to stop using DE one?

Your right. The new BE euro IBAN is SEPA only :confused:.

Your right. The new BE euro IBAN is SEPA only :confused:.
"Can I use my new EUR bank details to accept Euros sent from outside the EU?

Payments like these are called SWIFT payments. At the moment, we’ve seen that some banks don’t recognise the new EUR details for SWIFT payments. It’s because they’re using older software.

But this shouldn’t last long. By February 2020, banks around the world should have updated their software. You can then start using your new EUR bank details to receive SWIFT payments.

If you need to receive Euros from outside the EU, we recommend using your expiring EUR bank details — they’re the ones with the IBAN starting in ‘DE’. " from Transferwise help center

Don't spread disinformation: TW Eur can receive SWIFT. Then in specific cases (for instance if you get from high-risk countries) they can ask documentations etc.. But I've been using it for so long to get EUR wire transfers from all over the globe with no problems at all.
No, it can't. My IBAN details for EUR shows bank in Brussels and little note with something like "For receiving EUR via SEPA". I clarified with their support and they confirmed that I can't receive EUR outside SEPA if my bank details Brussels. Before TW were giving Handelsbank IBAN which could accept EUR ouside SEPA. Now they forcefully migrating my account to Brussels bank.