Our valued sponsor

Where can you buy Real Estate for cash in EU?

With cash being systematically taken out of circulation, in which countries is it still possible to buy Real Estate for cash in the EU?

Convert it to crypto and you may have more options perhaps. KYC still applies however in most cases.

I think its a matter of finding the right seller willing to accept cash rather than a jurisdiction per se. For example in Cyprus, you can find a few sellers willing to accept cash, but that doesnt mean that it is a customary thing for everyone to do it.
Also as mentioned if you can convert to crypto, it will increase options.

With cash being systematically taken out of circulation, in which countries is it still possible to buy Real Estate for cash in the EU?
I can claim this e.g. about some Central European countries – CZ, PL, SK. There you can find a way.

I think it’s possible in Germany. If you want to buy in Italy for cash let me know and we can work a deal.
You can't pay a house costing 600K euro in cash in Germany any longer. Long time ago it was possible.
I can claim this e.g. about some Central European countries – CZ, PL, SK. There you can find a way.
Yeah, may be the only countries left.

Crypto is not considered as legal tender so I do not think it applies to this case.
If cash transactions are prohibited in let's say Spain, and only bank transactions are allowed to buy Real Estate, notary will just not approve the transaction.
Well in Cyprus it does not go through a Notary, but there is a registration process at the Land Registry, usually handled by a lawyer or two. The payment must not be recorded or controlled as such. Therefore I would say both cash and crypto are possible for such a transaction.

Reactions: Forester and koohl
Well in Cyprus it does not go through a Notary, but there is a registration process at the Land Registry, usually handled by a lawyer or two. The payment must not be recorded or controlled as such. Therefore I would say both cash and crypto are possible for such a transaction.
well noted, thanks for the information. We must come to Cyprus to execute such?

okay, this is interesting, thank you for the information.
Cyprus might be an option then.

Reactions: CyprusLawyer101

We must come to Cyprus to execute such?

Not necessarily, it can be handled through a Power of Attorney.

In CZ it is just the same (and in SK too, IIRC).

Cyprus might be an option then.
Yes. Nevertheless, do not overlook that usage of cash for transactions over 10k EUR is generally forbidden across the EU, altough an enforcement varies. So in any case you must find the counterpart who is open to a creative solution.
(I guess that @CyprusLawyer101 might be able to help you in Cyprus; in CZ/SK/PL I might be able to help, too.)

I've read that it's possible in Germany (as they like cash so much):

Also, it's possible in Serbia as 85% of the real estate purchaches are made in cash:
but why would anyone want to buy real estate there?

Latest Threads