Our valued sponsor

Where to buy bitcoin with Transferwise or Revolut

It is the other way around @void if I understand OP correct.

You need to have the account with Revolut or Transferwise in the same name as the exchange so you should be fine. However, it would be nice to know what exchange you want to transfer money to from these?

So you know that OP can't transfer money from TW & Revolut to ANY exchange?

So you know that OP can't transfer money from TW & Revolut to ANY exchange?

:-D no, I don't know that
my bad - by my first post I (implicitly) meant that his question is not relevant since the exchanges don't care where it came from if the account is in the same but the problem real problem is that TW will not allow sending the money the known exchange (i.e. for some time they may allow sending money to new exchanges or their new account)

Problem is not with exchanges, they take money from anyone. Problem is with the EMI, they block payments to certain exchanges.

Rather my questions should have been: what less popular but still trusted exchanges can you deposit to with TW or Revolut?

What about Paxful they claim it's possible to buy bitcoins with bank transfer, gift card and more!

Try sending from TW to crypto exchange when you find one and let us know how it goes with TW.

I am not sure about which amount we speak but not easier for you to buy BTC by cards?
I tried many times ( different accounts ) with TW to send to Kraken.
The wire appears " on it s way ", then " it will reach the benificiary soon ",then " transfer paused " and begin the questions from TW about my business. And by the end of day, i got a closed account

You could use something inbetween TW -> ?? -> echange that would work. Is privacy important for you OP? Have you tried to use TW to your local account and from there to an exchange service?

Blockchain.info has an exchange connected which works perfectly fine from a local German bank ;)

May I ask why it has to be TW or Revolut ?

Kraken for instance does not accept deposits from Payment Processor like TW. They listed a few in their website, TW and Revolut are a few of them but not limited to the list.
According to them, the sender must have a dedicated IBAN number which belongs to you. They said, if you are not sure, try deposit a small amount to it.

I tried using Wirex which has a dedicated IBAN number dedicated to me but my deposits are stuck at the bank side. I am still trying to get the funds back.
Next I will try monese, what's interesting is that I can top up monese wallet using my credit card with 0% charges. I will try to deposit a small amount to Kraken. If it goes well the total charges to buy bitcoin is less than 1%.

Anyone tried monese before ?

Why does it have to be an EMI and not any EEA bank?
Fidor Bank allows remote account opening if you are an EEA resident and deposits/withdrawals from Kraken are basically instant.
I don't remember Revolut's stance on sending/receiving from exchanges but I think they don't allow it and freeze accounts.
If you insist on using an EMI, your only real options are Wirex or MisterTango.

Fidor Bank allows remote account opening if you are an EEA resident and deposits/withdrawals from Kraken are basically instant
Have you tested the account opening with Fidor bank if I may ask? I tried for some time ago but never got an account nor did I get any response from their so called support :(

Latest Threads