Our valued sponsor

Where to move to avoid the next pandemic's restrictions?

opopopop

Jun 30, 2022
nl
Visit site
Hello guys,
I'm in a bit of a pickle with myself:

I'm expecting that in the upcoming Autumn all previous covid restrictions will return and will be even harder and stricter. Whether it'll be due to new variants, monkey pox, polio, climate change or whatever reasons the WHO and friends will come up with.

I haven't thus far, and i do not intend to take any kind of injections in the future, a decision which i believe will have consequences either in the next pandemic or the one after that, mainly such that at some point will limit the option to board a plane or go to a hospital without proof of vaccination or some green checkmark in a digital health certificate.

I'm currently located in Georgia (country) with perfect tax solution and comfortable life. the problem is that the country will again follow to a tee whatever is dictated to them by the EU, and the majority of the population here, while very nice people, are also very naive and compliant to anything that is thrown on them by the government. There is low to no chance of buying vaccine passports here, and once restrictions are in place the day to day people become very aggressive to anyone who Isn't following the herd.

From my limited research of countries that didn't play by the WHO rules in the previous pandemic I was only able to find was Mexico, it was kept open to tourists the whole time and wasn't so hard with domestic restrictions. I am also guessing that a vax certificate could be aquired there.

There are no guarantees what will happen with in the next one, but maybe it gives a better chance for freedom to be in a country that reacted like Mexico than in a country that already proved that it will punish the people who won't follow the narrative.

Based on your experience from your own countries or to your knowledge, are there any other countries who went easy on the COVID subject that are worth considering moving to? at least until next winter will finish?

(Low / no tax location would be great bonus) :)

Thank you in advance for the replies.

From my limited research of countries that didn't play by the WHO rules in the previous pandemic I was only able to find was Mexico, it was kept open to tourists the whole time
yes, with exception of about 2 months

and wasn't so hard with domestic restrictions.
officially they followed the general line
practically not much (in some mostly touristic areas not at all)

I am also guessing that a vax certificate could be aquired there.
easily and cheaply compared to other countries

I don't believe there is any country that does not restrict should the "pandemic" be an issue again.

Reactions: troubled soul
I don't believe there is any country that does not restrict should the "pandemic" be an issue again.
if country means government then yes - it's very convenient as an excuse for culminating economic collapse which is a result fiat currency systems

on the other hand I can't explain why people still don't riot and tolerate a blatant bulls**t

nice countries you guys are moving to eek¤%& do you guys have family?
not sure about Bosnia but Mexico is perfectly fine and probably safer than most Western cities
I personally know three families with school aged children that moved to Albania because of restrictions - they have no serious complaints
money talks and choice of good area is important even in Western Europe or US

* south africa
* mexico
* turkey
* eastern europe
* egypt (no muzzles)

To a lesser degree - Latin America.
Perhaps, Brazil. The rules are soft. However, brazilians themselves are paranoids.

It appears that almost no one in Brazil is able to think for themself. Why? Why are wearing a muzzle and at the same time smoke and eat shitty foot? Even if a muzzle worked, you behaviour would defeat the purpose of it.

Idiocy.

They happily wear muzzles and wash hands with chemicals all the time. Most of them even exercise in a muzzle. Others are even proud that they've gotten injected an experimental serum.

Last edited:
it has to be a huge boat....
Not really. You can comfortably live all year round in a 50ft, which will cost you like an average beach cottage. Living in small spaces and working together as a team on a sailboat is a great experience and very formative for kids

Good idea. I've come to the same conclusion as well; I think that having a boat and a (sea)plane (a cheap Cessna?) would solve like 70% of the upcoming problems. Ideally in combination with a PPL pilots license (I'm working on that at the moment).
Naaah don’t buy a plane unless you really enjoy piloting and you fly hundreds of hours per year. Instead buy a commercial facility somewhere safe to keep your stuff dry.

In a few years there will be nice 1-2 seats electric aircrafts in the shape of drones and hopefully usable jetpacks :cool:

Last edited:
Eastern Europe was kind of fine last time. Mexico as well.

Avoid the US and Western Europe is my advice. Living on a boat is a bit on the extreme end for me, but getting a small, out of town villa in Eastern Europe is always a good idea (nobody cares about "restrictions" in small villages).

I'm currently located in Georgia (country) with perfect tax solution and comfortable life. the problem is that the country will again follow to a tee whatever is dictated to them by the EU, and the majority of the population here, while very nice people, are also very naive and compliant to anything that is thrown on them by the government.
Indeed, that's Georgia:
Several months of total shut down. No public transportation at all. No individual traffic for several weeks. Not being allowed to leave your village. Mandatory waiting outside a hospital or dentist or polyclinic during winter time because is was "too dangerous" to let people wait in a room. Worst of all, they even sealed their borders and shut down civil aviation completely for several months.
Georgia did worse than Western European countries when it comes to restrictive COVID measures.

Nearby alternatives with a relaxed atmosphere (and people who do not care about silly government orders):
  • Armenia
  • Egypt
Tax situation for both countries depends on your individual situation.

Reactions: Golden Fleece
Any one from Panama can say how it went down over there domestic restrictions wise?
I know people living in Panama. It was awful. A big disappointment. Women were allowed out of their homes on alternate days three days a week, but only for essential shopping. Men were allowed out on three other alternate days. That way, the police knew, by sex, who was violating the lockdown laws.

One acquaintance considered herself "lucky" because she lived in a large apartment complex and could walk around the periphery of the building. By contrast, most people were always locked down inside.

Latest Threads