Our valued sponsor

Question Why UK LP is not "ought" to pay tax on profits?

a112114

Jun 25, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone.

So, I'm thinking about opening a GB LP and can't understand how we can not pay taxes on profits.
The model is to keet profits on accounts of LP and does not widhraw dividends.

The structure that been offered to me is 2 physical person nominees from Cypress as partners and me as UBO.
As I understand if we don't work with GB clients we don't have to report in the UK and we are able to provide zero declarations because partners have the right to pay taxes on their own profits in their country of residence.

But what about the profits of accounts why I don't have to pay taxes on this money? Just because no one can know about this money?

Thanks in advance!

Why don't you want to use Seychelles entities as nominees?
Simply as hell...
Hello everyone.

So, I'm thinking about opening a GB LP and can't understand how we can not pay taxes on profits.

The structure that been offered to me is 2 physical person nominees from Cypress as partners and me as UBO.
As I understand if we don't work with GB clients we don't have to report in the UK and we are able to provide zero declarations because partners have the right to pay taxes on their own profits in their country of residence.

But what about the profits of accounts why I don't have to pay taxes on this money? Just because no one can know about this money?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance!
LP is not a corporate taxpayer in the UK. In case if the partnership has foreign participants and the company does not carry out activities in the UK (if money on your account generated from other countries then UK), there is no taxation on its territory, and participants must independently fulfill their tax obligations in the country of registration.

LP, consisting of non-resident members, will not be able to obtain a certificate of the status of a UK tax resident and benefit from UK treaties on avoidance of double taxation.

LP is not required to submit financial statements to Companies House, but LPs that do not conduct business in the UK and whose members are outside the country are required to file a zero tax return.

Limited Partner must register for Self Assessment with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
General partner must
GOV UK guide Set up and run a limited partnership

Reactions: a112114
LP is not a corporate taxpayer in the UK. In case if the partnership has foreign participants and the company does not carry out activities in the UK (if money on your account generated from other countries then UK), there is no taxation on its territory, and participants must independently fulfill their tax obligations in the country of registration.

LP, consisting of non-resident members, will not be able to obtain a certificate of the status of a UK tax resident and benefit from UK treaties on avoidance of double taxation.

LP is not required to submit financial statements to Companies House, but LPs that do not conduct business in the UK and whose members are outside the country are required to file a zero tax return.

Limited Partner must register for Self Assessment with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
General partner must
GOV UK guide Set up and run a limited partnership
Alexa, thanks for the clarification.
So, If all my counterparties are not UK entities, then there is no tax on profit that I left on the LP bank account, correct?

Alexa, thanks for the clarification.
So, If all my counterparties are not UK entities, then there is no tax on profit that I left on the LP bank account, correct?
Correct, you just need to fill Zero tax declarations. LPs are treated as transparent for most tax purposes and not liable to pay tax as a partnership. The activities of the partnership are treated as carried on by the individual partners, so the individual partners are separately subject to income tax on their share of the profits or losses of the partnership.

To avoid treating from HRMC your placee of business as the UK one: all contracts with partners must be signed outside of the UK+ partnership assets must be situated outside the United Kingdom and an individual partner is not domiciled in the UK, no charge to inheritance tax arises on his death.

So, when you and your partner will distribute retained earnings into your bank accounts in another jurisdictions, you will oblige to pay taxes there according to your country's of residence tax law.

Last edited:
Reactions: a112114
Do not want to start a separate thread.
Paraguay tax residents form a UK LLP. The purpose of the partnership is to invest in the stock exchange (mostly in the USA). Is it still tax-free? This is what I read on multiple websites offering LLP solutions in the UK for non-residents.
"Non-UK residents who do not qualify as UK residence for taxation purposes and do not earn US-source income, do not have to file self-assessment and not subject to UK income taxes, however, they are responsible for paying taxation in the country they reside."
If Paraguay tax resident has a profit generated on the US stock exchange through UK LLP, he has to pay personal income tax in the UK? Do I understand it correctly?

Or do you mean for any UK structure as a non resident? Or only for UK LLP (why do you say "LP"?), as a non resident also? Well, you've never heard of Transferwise?
LP for limited partnership and LLP for limited liability partnership. For now, I'm talking about LP.

Yeah, I know about Transferwise, but these guys let you work for 3 months mostly and then kick you. Tried on other companies.

Latest Threads