Our valued sponsor

Wise Card

wellington

Mentor Group Gold
Nov 14, 2020
Visit site
Use the wise card for paying automated bills (hosting etc) - don't even hold the physical card.

Just realised i can't order a new one come later part this year as I don't reside in the EU/UK etc.

Anyone found a way around that?

Does that put the Wise account under CRS in EU/UK? I'm also looking to do the same thing: I live in Thailand full time and Wise can't post cards to Thailand as far as I understand. If I use my UK passport and UK address with personal Wise account for personal and some business costs (web hosting FB ads etc) as well as receiving money from brokers/ crypto exchange to sent to Thailand in THB, is there any UK tax consquences for doing that?

Reactions: troubled soul
You may use some forwarding services like cleever mail etc. to receive the card. There are dozens of such services.

Issue isn't the physical card, issue is you need to be a resident in specific countries to renew the card issuance.

Don't even hold the physical card to-day just simply use for billing payments monthly.

Issue isn't the physical card, issue is you need to be a resident in specific countries to renew the card issuance.
Well, do you recall so-called @JohnnyDoe 's solution? ;)
(I would personally use LazPaint or perhaps Gimp... :) )

Does that put the Wise account under CRS in EU/UK? I'm also looking to do the same thing: I live in Thailand full time and Wise can't post cards to Thailand as far as I understand. If I use my UK passport and UK address with personal Wise account for personal and some business costs (web hosting FB ads etc) as well as receiving money from brokers/ crypto exchange to sent to Thailand in THB, is there any UK tax consquences for doing that?
Seems to be cutting offerings for Thai based Brit expats...

No they won't post to Thailand, and if anything even paying monthly bill transfers get a "We are unable to give you an update at the moment."

As for CRS, you live in Thailand, it's a territorial tax based country, so as long as funds sent to Thailand are in the next tax year after earning - there is legally no tax.

As for Tax in the UK, as a non-resident there is no tax regardless inc Cap gains for Crypto... as you don't live there (or was the case the last time i checked).

I

Reactions: Forester

Latest Threads