Our valued sponsor

Would you trust Wirex?

diablo

Pro Member
Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
I read the below:
Hi there, At the moment, there is no virtual card issuer who can help with your request as a result of Wavecrest shutting down all cryptocurrency operation at the request of Visa.
We are confident that they will be the first to offer a solution to this problem. Being the first mobile Bitcoin Wallet paired with a Debit Card; our solution is almost finished; and we hope to supply at the very least virtual cards very soon!
Our cards will be issued on a first come first served basis, virtual and plastic cards will become available in the coming weeks.
To ensure you’re on the waiting list, enter your email and update to the latest version of the Wirex app.
Click on the link below to get on the waiting list:
Wirex Bank Accounts Almost Here! - Bitcoin Wallet & Payment Cards

So I'm wondering, would you trust them or is this a no go?

I've known wirex for a long time. I even used their service when they were formally known as E-coin. I would say they started out as complete amateurs with no financial knowledge or KYC understanding. They have since improved in this respect by learning the hard way. They take pride in their new acquired knowledge of what KYC actually is that they love to now mention in their posts ;-) They have also secured capital investment in their business giving them a life line to gain market share. They are one of the best out there with Bitpay but unfortunately their business model and customer service is floored.

Trust is a strong word. I would say they don't appear to be a scam company but other than allowing you to send in your own Bitcoin I don't think this companies business model will survive once they have to implement KYCC (know your customers customer). Expect banking relationships to be lost and more turmoil as accepting dirty coins can only last so long ;-)

I've known wirex for a long time. I even used their service when they were formally known as E-coin. I would say they started out as complete amateurs with no financial knowledge or KYC understanding. They have since improved in this respect by learning the hard way. They take pride in their new acquired knowledge of what KYC actually is that they love to now mention in their posts ;-) They have also secured capital investment in their business giving them a life line to gain market share. They are one of the best out there with Bitpay but unfortunately their business model and customer service is floored.

Trust is a strong word. I would say they don't appear to be a scam company but other than allowing you to send in your own Bitcoin I don't think this companies business model will survive once they have to implement KYCC (know your customers customer). Expect banking relationships to be lost and more turmoil as accepting dirty coins can only last so long ;-)

+1

They are/were cowboys that have/are busy cleaning up their act.

Reactions: JohnLocke
I used Wirex for a few years and all was well, until recently they locked my account demanding additional KYC that was nearly impossible to verify (piles and piles of documents and stalling). They locked me out of my account but luckily did not lock the card, so I was able to withdraw my remaining funds and just abandoned the account. Wouldn't recommend it anymore.

Reactions: anotherone
When it comes to dealing with wirex, I would suggest to anyone who hate's time waster's to stay away from this company.

I ran into wirex when they started closing most bitcoin prepaid card. Somehow, I was desperate to get PayPal (virtual) verification card. I landed on the official website of wirex, completed the registration process in order to get vcc. Deposited some btc in my wirex account for purchase of the vcc.

Although, I did receive the vcc but, it was not useful for verification of PayPal account.

Until date they keep sending series of message on benefit of uploading doc for verification of account.In addition to this, it's completely impossible to transfer any fund deposited into the system.

Thanks
Ftdev

Does anyone know how i can pass the verification process?

they email me like so

"
Unfortunately, we won't be able to verify your account with the Proof of Address provided.

Please note that the POA document should also contain the residential address stated in your account.

"

=( what to do with this @@

Please note that the POA document should also contain the residential address stated in your account.

Send them proof of address with the residential address stated on your account then conf/(%

But they don't accept it =/ idk why maybe they only accept EU and USA

Are you sure the POA matches exactly line for line the address you entered on the signup? Sounds like a mismatch is issue

well this is the issue, our documents here dont have such details, so they reject it

Ok well there is your answer. Sadly they won't care :(

Latest Threads