Our valued sponsor

WTF ID verification & KYC for Youtube channel!!

AMD

Offshore Agent
Pro Member
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to create a Youtube channel for some home project, after account creating and setting up the channel I was faced with KYC by YouTube :D

They want Video verification, ID and more - WTF is going on here???

SS.png

Reactions: JohnLocke
They want Video verification, ID and more - WTF is going on here???

Be very careful with what info you provide Google (Youtube) as I would not trust what they would do with the data ns2.

That's freaking bad news. I would never give them my passport nor any personal details. This company is going insane now.

Although the verification might only be required on monetization option. I remember logging into my Youtube account some months ago for first time in years to see some dashcam cop chase video. Youtube was asking to verify I was over 18 with ID or debit card to watch it ns2. Needless to say I did not watch the video. Video is not that important as my privacy.

While it needs to be applied proportionately (only for monetized accounts), YouTube channels can end up generating significant income. You decide where that income goes by logging in to YouTube and providing bank details. So in a way, your YouTube account becomes a financial asset.

You'll be glad they did KYC on you if you're locked out of the account after a hacking attack and/or lost your phone so you can't generate 2FA OTP.

Reactions: troubled soul

Latest Threads