Our valued sponsor

Crypto Exchanges with Banking/EMI License or Vice Versa

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo
wet dream, makes perfect sense though....
I was searching for crypto exchanges that also possess bank licenses or vice-versa. So far, no luck.
Actually it should be legally impossible in most cases.
Banks or EMI-s are not allowed to have any other activity licenses as side activities (e.g., crypto exchange).
I guess people would appreciate if they could also grab a beer, buy hangover medicine all in the same place while visiting a bank branch though. Unfortunately such ventures would need to be structured using multiple legal entities.

Got it! Thanks, Sols!

PS. A long time ago, I did a Google search on a company name given to me by a trusted supplier, but some conmen created a similar name and found a way to the top searches. Better SEO, I guess. Luckily, I only did a small transfer ($100) to verify if they received it before sending the full amount. When my supplier sent me the link because nobody could find my transfer... I realized what happened. I still have the convo with the bank.... I also printed it out and hung it on a frame to remind myself how close I came to losing 7 digits cry&¤

Kraken got a banking license but they haven't started yet. https://www.kraken.com/bank
Exactly the reason I asked the question. I couldn't find out how to become a bank client of Kraken and I was afraid to ask through my account. Good to see it's in the works. Thank you!

Also, do you know anything about this? El Salvador’s central bank licenses Binance - Central Banking

Will Binance get an exchange license, a bank license, or both? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest Threads