Our valued sponsor

Advice needed for personal multicurrency account

Why

Nov 12, 2023
Thailand
Visit site
Long story short: Wise closed my account with 100K on it, despite me providing all documentation they requested. Now i can still appeal, but part of the process is to provide a new bank account so that they transfer the balance if the appeal,is rejected. There is no working around.
i want to open a multi-currency personal account, preferably with low/no fees. I am happy considering an agent but would rather have some recommendation of reliable, tried and tested agents first.
Considered flying to HK but the controls here are getting strict, and they might also block my transfer.
any help is most appreciated.

Zen.com works well for me
Thanks for the advice. I never heard of it before and will give it a try. However i have a significant amount to transfer: have you ever transferred 6 figures to your zen account?

I second that - after about 9 months of using the personal account it seems to be a surprising alternative to Wise
mobile only UI is an inconvenient and dangerous approach bet besides that no complaints so far
Thanks for the validation. Mobile only makes me nervous. I am more and more thinking about an offshore account in the Carribeans. Any pointers?

Thanks for the advice. I never heard of it before and will give it a try. However i have a significant amount to transfer: have you ever transferred 6 figures to your zen account?
As a balance transfer from your own account you won’t have any problem. Of course you need to provide sof and stuff.

Reactions: Why
As a balance transfer from your own account you won’t have any problem. Of course you need to provide sof and stuff.
I just tried to apply but verification failed.
i am not sure if it will be from my own account or from Wise own account. They closed my account so i literally have no account at the moment.
i think it would be safer to let the transfer to an offshore bank like in Belize or SVG but really unsure how to open an account there. I dis some research and found an agent, but while checking if they are legit it took me to this forum. Great find though

I just tried to apply but verification failed.
i am not sure if it will be from my own account or from Wise own account. They closed my account so i literally have no account at the moment.
i think it would be safer to let the transfer to an offshore bank like in Belize or SVG but really unsure how to open an account there. I dis some research and found an agent, but while checking if they are legit it took me to this forum. Great find though
Only reason it could be rejected is likely automated information from their partners for D/D flagging for something.

Reactions: jafo
Routinely seeing seven and eight figures (on business accounts) with Zen. No problems at all. They ask for docs, but are very reasonable about it.

Personal accounts seem to be similarly easy to manage.

However, if you are transacting outside of EUR/SEPA, it's no longer Zen's own network you're using. They use CurrencyCloud and their risk appetite is lower.

Mobile only makes me nervous.
Zen is not mobile only. It's mobile first, but you can log in from desktop.

Reactions: Forester and jafo
Zen is not mobile only. It's mobile first, but you can log in from desktop.
when it comes to personal account at least, the let you submit your phone number, verification code and then this...
1699803353466.png

how silly is that?

Reactions: Forester
when it comes to personal account at least, the let you submit your phone number, verification code and then this...
View attachment 5621
how silly is that?
Wow, I hadn't noticed there was a distinction. Never tried to check a personal account on the web and just incorrectly assumed you could check both kinds.

Thanks for the correction!

Reactions: jafo
Long story short: Wise closed my account with 100K on it, despite me providing all documentation they requested. Now i can still appeal, but part of the process is to provide a new bank account so that they transfer the balance if the appeal,is rejected. There is no working around.
i want to open a multi-currency personal account, preferably with low/no fees. I am happy considering an agent but would rather have some recommendation of reliable, tried and tested agents first.
Considered flying to HK but the controls here are getting strict, and they might also block my transfer.
any help is most appreciated.
Zen and Payset both will work.
Zen is cheaper, but i dont like their service.
Try Montify as well, but make sure they can give you dedicated sepa and swift as they dont always provide dedicated accounts.

Reactions: Why
I have both a personal and corporate accounts with zen and I can switch seamlessly between them within the app with the same login.
How long have you been with them ?