Our valued sponsor

AfrAsia and MCB banks in Mauritius any good?

CCLogicFan

Offshore Agent
Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
After being rejected by most international banks in Europe etc. I've applied to for an international personal bank account, I'm delighted to be accepted by AfrAsia and MCB banks (they have stated, though I'll have to wait for confirmation).

They are both in Mauritius. It's not my ideal jurisdiction, as, based on a previous incident where a crime was committed against me, I found both the authorities and people in the country showing no interest whatsoever in dealing with the crime. But desperate times call for desperate measures and all that.

Has anybody had an experience of either AfrAsia or MCB? Good / bad?

What's their customer service like and how burdensome are they in terms of making regular compliance checks and all that malarkey on transactions?

Thanks a million. I'm grateful for your advice.

It took two weeks from posting my documents to hearing back from them and getting provisionally accepted. They don't work quickly in that part of the world.

As well as proof of ID and proof of address, they seem to be hung up on reference letters from banks in those neck of the woods. So you'd need a reference letter from one of your existing banks.

AfrAsia also insisted I signed their application forms in the presence of a lawyer or Notary Public, who then verifies that on the forms, which is a pain in the neck but not too much of an obstacle.

Any opinions from anyone on these banks please?

AfrAsia also insisted I signed their application forms in the presence of a lawyer or Notary Public, who then verifies that on the forms, which is a pain in the neck but not too much of an obstacle.
Any opinions from anyone on these banks please?
That's why you need a certified accountant to sort this application process out for you. I paid for the account opening (not with this bank, with other) and they certified my documents, no problems.

Latest Threads