Our valued sponsor

Almost done registering a Swiss AG, where to bank?

EliasIT

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know, is there any reliable EMI or Neobank to use for a Swiss Holding AG ?

The agent that is setting up the company said there are banks in Switzerland that may be able to open a bank account for the company, but it could be difficult.
To avoid wasting a lot of time, I thought to start with some EMI's that could work for my company.

Anyone has some good names?

Reactions: lostguy and EliasIT
Dukascopy don't do business accounts as I read on this forum!

The others I don't know and will try. In regards to CIM Bank I will have to contact them to ask. Would be nice to use them.

Reactions: troubled soul
I would like to know, is there any reliable EMI or Neobank to use for a Swiss Holding AG ?

The agent that is setting up the company said there are banks in Switzerland that may be able to open a bank account for the company, but it could be difficult.
To avoid wasting a lot of time, I thought to start with some EMI's that could work for my company.

Well, the agent should take care of this and ideally introduce you to a bank. Ideally a smaller one in which he knows the bank managers from the time they have been to kindergarden together.
That should work bc you have substance and even a local resident director. The only killer can be difficult industries like crypto etc.

Revolut banks swiss companies normally.

Reactions: EliasIT
It is a holding company, they have no activity other than holding assets and receive money from a trading company.

It is a holding company, they have no activity other than holding assets and receive money from a trading company.
Yah, that one is tougher but even completely doable with a smaller bank especially where the agent can (and imo should) be able to introduce you.

Maybe try revolut. They onboard Swiss crypto startups so might work for you as well.

Maybe try revolut. They onboard Swiss crypto startups so might work for you as well.
there is not crypto :) it will be FIAT money in the account, stocks maybe and Gold
What are the benefits of a Swiss holding company vs other holding setups?
For me, many, I have a special interest in Switzerland because of the laws where I live ;)

No it's something different for me. I setup the company in Zug, so I get the lowest possible corporate tax to pay which is only about 12% and you can deduct company expenses before you do the tax calculation.

But they provide a fantastic creditor and lender protection, so it is difficult for any government and non government body to penetrate the company. If you don't be stupid you can setup something that will last the rest of your live with full protection, low tax, and freedom to travel where you want while you keep all your stuff of importancy there.

IP rights, Money, Stocks and other assets. I'm planning to rent a real office in a secured building there and pay the rent for 10 years in advance.

What are the benefits of a Swiss holding company vs other holding setups?
Capital gains: There is no specific capital gains tax imposed at the federal level. Capital gains on the sale of assets are
treated as ordinary income (and losses are deductible), regardless of the length of time for which the assets have been
held. Where assets are sold to a shareholder or related corporation at a price below market value, gains may be
reassessed for tax purposes. Capital gains derived from the sale of a participation of at least 10% in a company (whether
resident or nonresident) benefit from participation relief where the participation has been held for more than one year.

Reactions: EliasIT
What is the likelihood that Zug will raise taxes to the level of its direct neighbor Zurich at some point in the future?
Very unlikely, actually Zug will lower their tax in 2024 and expecting the other Cantons to do the same. I have spoken with an Tax advisor from Deloitte who pointed me to some interesting articles.

I'm following these threads about Switzerland with great interest ;)

I suggest Bankera

Reactions: blizz
I have been reading about a swiss company formation in Zug with capital from cryprocurrencies, this would be awesome for holding company or similar.

I would like to know more about a good and reliable Swiss setup and formation agent or company

I don't care about pay some more taxes if the setup is good

You want to check out the mentor group - there are trusted agent's, a guides and even users that have wrote their journey through the entire process. For someone interested in doing it right from the beginning it may be a good idea.

The others I don't know and will try.
I am not sure whether Flowbank or SQ open business accounts, it's necessary to check; but mainly: maintaining the current accounts or holding the assets are not the core business of these banks. Their niche is to work as an investing platform. You might use it for the former but it will not be so comfortable as in another bank.
In regards to CIM Bank I will have to contact them to ask. Would be nice to use them.
Yes, CIM Banque is recommendable.
Well, the agent should take care of this and ideally introduce you to a bank. Ideally a smaller one in which he knows the bank managers from the time they have been to kindergarden together.
That should work bc you have substance and even a local resident director.
I agree at 100%
Revolut banks swiss companies normally.
May be; but I would avoid Revolut at any cost (see other threads in Offshore Bank Accounts & EMI Accounts). Furthermore, generally I think that with your setup you can stay well with some brick and mortar bank – what, in Switzerland, makes a real difference. (And I am not aware about any Swiss based EMI offering business accounts, only for personal ones; just for the record.)
I suggest Bankera
Why?? For a solid Swiss setup a (relatively) expensive and not very transparent Lithuanian EMI?

Try to stay in Switzerland, or (eventually) in Liechtenstein, as much as possible.

Just a technical remark: Maybe you could have posted this question to this forum – https://www.offshorecorptalk.com/forums/offshore-bank-accounts-emi-accounts.27/; it might attract more attention of fellows with a special knowlewdge...

Last edited: