Our valued sponsor

anonymous EMI with GBP account details anymore?

Grahams

Jun 20, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Is it possible to open an anonymous EMI with GBP account details anymore? with the evolution of the 'selfie', options appear limited. I have a UK Ltd company and need an EMI that can accept VAT refunds and other payment from UK companies.

Does any of the good folk on this forum have any ideas?

It's going to be very difficult as it looks right now. I have read about people with possible solutions but I don't think they are worth anything long term.

Is it possible to open an anonymous EMI with GBP account details anymore? with the evolution of the 'selfie', options appear limited.

Will not be possible anymore in EU after EU 5th Money Laundering directive comes into force on Jan 10th 2020. Others EMI's outside the EU will be forced to adopt an equivalent regulation so get used to the future.

5AMLD demands new obligations from those in financial services. Data quality is of utmost importance. And tools for validating and verifying identities – including operations such as electronic identity verification, document verification, biometrics and liveness tests, and much more – play an important role in this effort.

---end quote

Well well the prediction didn't came into force. still possible to get things done with darks and selfie ;)

So which country in EU and which company is not following the directive? ns2

P.S I know some companies have not enacted it yet but that because they don't employ compliance officers but Eastern European strippers smi(&%. Maybe mention in Mentor Group.

Reactions: Spinat
P.S I know some companies have not enacted it yet but that because they don't employ compliance officers but Eastern European strippers smi(&%. Maybe mention in Mentor Group.

Exactly what I mean, and there are still options out there to avoid it.. I give it a few more years and it is over. So, better get on it now, get as much money away as you are able to do in the next few years and lets hope there is enough for your retirement ;)

I agree with both MArtin and celemens, there are options left which you may hurry to use before exposed.

What about Russia, they give a s**t about CRS and FATCA!
I don't get why people think Russia would be against CRS/AEOI or even FATCA. Tax evasion is a big problem in Russia and collecting on overseas untaxed wealth is a priority for the Russian government. They don't care if that means their own banks have to report to others.

Reactions: Martin Everson
I believe that most Russian and Georgia people / operations don't pay much attention to the reporting standards. It means more customers for them.

What about Russia, they give a s**t about CRS and FATCA!

Like Sols say. Also Russia in fact has more interest in knowing where its oligarchs park their money. There have been some very serious tax evasion cases in Russia i.e Yukos oil for example with money still hidden in UK.

As far as I know Putin is liquidates everyone who owns a Oil company or has high influence in Oil companies in Russia. If that is not possible for even Putin he take them to court and make up stories about Money Laundering, tax evasion and a lot of nonsense.

I don't believe Russia is that stupid that they don't invite strangers with lots of money to hide their money there. Exactly as the USA does with Delaware, Wyoming etc.

On top of this, Putin just introduced a low- to no tax for foreigners or Russians relocating to Sibirian / antarctica - who ever want to live there, it's going to be cold so let's hope the money can keep the warm.