Our valued sponsor

Bank account for Cayman Islands company

VictorNab

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to open a bank account for Cayman Island company which me and my partners opened 4 months back. We have been trying for last 2 months But haven't received any success yet. Euro Pacific bank is Puerto Rico declined us because of our investor is US citizen. For us, any bank works but we prefer a stable bank. Our company is an investment company and we invest in startups in India primarily. Can anyone with Cayman setup experience help me out here?

Any American citizen involvement will be an issue to most banks. Most Americans use Nominee directors to bypass this but especially in these times where you cant fly to meet the banker you are gonna find it tough.

Any American citizen involvement will be an issue to most banks. Most Americans use Nominee directors to bypass this but especially in these times where you cant fly to meet the banker you are gonna find it tough.
Okay. That's not good news. The American citizen is just a shareholder but not the director of the company. American being a shareholder is also a problem?

Yes, any involved by any US person creates a FATCA headache for the financial institution. It's not impossible, it just limits your options significantly, especially if you're a smaller business and the financial institution might struggle to recuperate the extra overheads for managing a US client.

Normally, whoever you formed the company through would be able to place you with a bank.

Yes, any involved by any US person creates a FATCA headache for the financial institution. It's not impossible, it just limits your options significantly, especially if you're a smaller business and the financial institution might struggle to recuperate the extra overheads for managing a US client.

Normally, whoever you formed the company through would be able to place you with a bank.
Okay. Yeah, our lawyer kind of messed this up a bit for us. He said he can only help in formation of company which we realized later is the easiest part.

Latest Threads