Our valued sponsor

Finding the Best Country for Value: Top Tax Policies and Benefits

Yes, also an option. Taxes are 20% though. But definitely an option I would recommend considering.
I really like the idea of having access to some infrastructure.
And Jersey has 0% CIT and no WHT. Could be a great option to establish a branch office of a foreign company in Jersey.

With a little structuring it might offer very low tax.

4. Top Tier - $500,000-1M Net Worth (above 1M, consider yourself a winner, you must know better and not need to refer to some sort of guide).​

Objective: Minimize taxes and protect wealth through advanced financial strategies and favorable jurisdictions.

Recommended Action:​

• Consider UAE, Bahamas, or Other Low-Tax Jurisdictions: Leverage tax structuring and financial privacy.

Rationale:​

• Tax Efficiency: No personal income tax, capital gains tax, or wealth tax in many of these jurisdictions.
  • Asset Protection: Strong laws protecting personal assets and investments.
  • High Quality of Life: Luxurious lifestyle options, high-end services, and global connectivity.

Steps:​

1. Tax Planning: Consult with a tax advisor specializing in cross-border tax structuring.
  2. Residency and Citizenship: Look into residency by investment programs or other options for long-term stay.
  3. Asset Management: Set up trusts, offshore accounts, and other mechanisms to protect and grow wealth.

Summary​

• s**t Tier: Move to Finland for basic needs, education, and social support.
  • Low Tier: Move to Germany, Canada, or Australia for advanced education and business opportunities.
  • Mid Tier: Become a digital nomad in countries like Georgia, Panama, or Thailand for tax benefits and a good quality of life.
  • Top Tier: Optimize tax efficiency and protect wealth in UAE, Bahamas, or similar jurisdictions.
I think this isn't the top tier though. I'm in this tier and I don't feel any closer to being at the top tier...

If u have a net worth of $1M, you cannot afford most of the residency visa by investment, also the Bahamas' cost of living can be challenging.

The top tier would be 10-30M net worth minimum.

Honest question about Switzerland, what are the tax rates one can achieve doing the loopholes? I've reading in the forum out of curiosity but I don't think we found a consensus. Some say it's too expensive, some say it's not.

E.g. why having kids wouldn't be a good idea? Expensive schools?

I think this isn't the top tier though. I'm in this tier and I don't feel any closer to being at the top tier...

If u have a net worth of $1M, you cannot afford most of the residency visa by investment, also the Bahamas' cost of living can be challenging.

Honest question about Switzerland, what are the tax rates one can achieve doing the loopholes? I've reading in the forum out of curiosity but I don't think we found a consensus. Some say it's too expensive, some say it's not.

I would appreciate someone breaking it down into more tiers and sub-tiers and explaining why jurisdiction x is best in each case. It would make such a guide more interesting, and to be fair, one starts to have the ability to be genuinely mobile only at a certain amount of wealth, where it could also yield the most significant impact.

In regards to top tier classification to quote a Swiss Bank: "To be among the global top 10 per cent, you may not need as much money as you think. According to the 2018 Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse Research Institute, you don’t even need six figures. A net worth of $93,170 U.S. is enough to make you richer than 90 per cent of people around the world, Credit Suisse reports. The institute defines net worth, or “wealth,” as “the value of financial assets plus real assets (principally housing) owned by households, minus their debts.”"

That means you are a big spender which likes western standards. If you were a backpacker, you would be in the UAE and live in Sharjah or Ajman where restaurants are scarce and spending more than 20 USD per person is difficult.

I think I wrote pretty much about Switzerland on this forum. To summarise it nicely: Switzerland was formed by parts from multiple countries (actually more like Duchies, but let's just call them countries for now). It consists of numerous mountain valleys and has 4 official languages, none of them being English. With all those cultures in one country, there is also a myriad of different laws (and tax rates). The highest marginal tax rate varies between almost 30 and 60%. While you will get away cheaply in Baar, you will pay the a*s out of you in Geneva. On top of that there is also flat rate taxation, but this is only interesting for those in the 8th tier as the minimum payable is 400k.

Then comes the classic student problem. While no Swiss student has been spotted eating at a restaurant and cooking at home is completely normal for them, the immigrant students miss the restaurants they can no longer afford every day. If you are from Chile and used to maids at 300 USD or less per month, you may think Switzerland is rich. And it is rich, but even the rich take out their trash on their own because maids are also rich.

It is good, everybody is rich. Just be sure to remember when you are there next time: all employees of any kind cost the employer 6k per month minimum. If you are native, you won't have any issues. If not, just get used to DIY.

It limits you on your destinations and on the travel frequency.

Reactions: cryptodefi
I would appreciate someone breaking it down into more tiers and sub-tiers and explaining why jurisdiction x is best in each case. It would make such a guide more interesting, and to be fair, one starts to have the ability to be genuinely mobile only at a certain amount of wealth, where it could also yield the most significant impact.

In regards to top tier classification to quote a Swiss Bank: "To be among the global top 10 per cent, you may not need as much money as you think. According to the 2018 Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse Research Institute, you don’t even need six figures. A net worth of $93,170 U.S. is enough to make you richer than 90 per cent of people around the world, Credit Suisse reports. The institute defines net worth, or “wealth,” as “the value of financial assets plus real assets (principally housing) owned by households, minus their debts.”"
And if you have $1M or more in wealth you're richer than 99.2% of people globally

Latest Threads