Our valued sponsor

Can EU seizes money from my UAE bank accounts ?

uenop1

Nov 10, 2023
UAE
Visit site
Hello.
I’ll make it very short.
I closed my EU company 1 year ago. I moved to UAE, I have all my life here now.
But I received a mail from EU, my closed EU company got inspected by taxmen, and they now ask me for a big amount of money. Part of it is my fault but the amount, trust me, is very exaggerated and above what I can pay.

We talk about ~150K.

My question is. Can they make a seizure on my UAE bank accounts or it’s unlikely ? I have nothing left in EU

Is it something that, in practice, occures often ? (Seizure on foreigner bank accounts, and more specifically UAE)

In UAE I have one personal bank account, and one pro bank account for my business. I have nothing left in EU (no real estate, no bank account… no assets at all)

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
Hello.
I’ll make it very short.
I closed my EU company 1 year ago. I moved to UAE, I have all my life here now.
But I received a mail from EU, my closed EU company got inspected by taxmen, and they now ask me for a big amount of money. Part of it is my fault but the amount, trust me, is very exaggerated and above what I can pay.

We talk about ~150K.

My question is. Can they make a seizure on my UAE bank accounts or it’s unlikely ? I have nothing left in EU

Is it something that, in practice, occures often ? (Seizure on foreigner bank accounts, and more specifically UAE)

In UAE I have one personal bank account, and one pro bank account for my business. I have nothing left in EU (no real estate, no bank account… no assets at all)
set aside the money, they can indict you though.

They can take the money from anywhere if they want. Probably they won’t try too hard, or at all, with the UAE, simply because it’s time consuming and expensive. But they could just cause the UAE account to be frozen and your inability to operate other accounts until you fix your tax situation.

It really depends on which EU country is after you and how much they believe you owe them in taxes and duties. Some countries just threaten, and nothing more happens. Other countries are serious and will do everything to collect the money.

Reactions: Forester
But I received a mail from EU
If you closed the company and left, how did they get a hold of you?
How do they even know where you went?
Who told them and why? :rolleyes:
and they now ask me for a big amount of money. Part of it is my fault but the amount, trust me, is very exaggerated and above what I can pay.

We talk about ~150K.
It's a superseding divorce settlement & child support demand letter. In retrospect upon fully reflecting on their own unproductive lives, they are NOT happy with the past mutual beneficial arrangement. They want to unilaterally change it to benefit them. How dare you leave them for greener pasture? smi(&%
What about your passport?
Do you have a passport from the country, that asks for the 150K?
Some countries can revoke your passport if you don't pay the tax.

(I'm curious: is the 150K an exit tax?)
OP, use the €150K and buy yourself ANOTHER passport e.g. CBI! If they cancel your "current" passport to extort more money from you, document it. Make a list of names of everyone from that side you deal with. Create a dossier on them. Take NO prisoners!
They can take the money from anywhere if they want. Probably they won’t try too hard, or at all, with the UAE, simply because it’s time consuming and expensive. But they could just cause the UAE account to be frozen and your inability to operate other accounts until you fix your tax situation.
100% this, OP! Listen to this! If they know you have an account there, they'll use MLAT, etc. to f*ck with you! Now, if they don't know...not much they can do. You can't steal what you can't see! smi(&% ;)

It really depends on which EU country is after you and how much they believe you owe them in taxes and duties. Some countries just threaten, and nothing more happens. Other countries are serious and will do everything to collect the money.
100% true! If they know you have the money or the assets to steal, they WILL steal it. Now, if you have debt, live in poverty, and have nothing to steal, you don't have to worry. They will do their utmost best to avoid you ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Forester
If you closed the company and left, how did they get a hold of you?
How do they even know where you went?
Who told them and why? :rolleyes:
I had to make a declaration for my revenues of previous year (where I was still eu resident), and had to inform them of the change of address and country.

But I owed them money even before that. In fact, 1 month after I closed the EU company, they started investigating it. (They can do this up to 3 years after a company is closed)

• Wow
I had to make a declaration for my revenues of previous year (where I was still eu resident), and had to inform them of the change of address and country.

But I owed them money even before that. In fact, 1 month after I closed the EU company, they started investigating it. (They can do this up to 3 years after a company is closed)
So, what you are saying is:

1. They know you have the money
  2. They know where you went
  3. You owed them before you "divorced" them and went with the hotter and younger girl.
If I were you, I would cut a deal with them, pay them their money, and move on with my life. Treat the "infection" now, before it spreads and becomes life-threatening. :rolleyes:

So, what you are saying is:

1. They know you have the money
  2. They know where you went
  3. You owed them before you "divorced" them and went with the hotter and younger girl.
If I were you, I would cut a deal with them, pay them their money, and move on with my life. Treat the "infection" now, before it spreads and becomes life-threatening. :rolleyes:
They know that I’m in UAE
If I faked this it would be a lot worse.
Also If I didn’t say that I moved abroad and they see no annual declaration from me, whereas technically I’m still EU resident for them because I told nothing -> will trigger the warning

They don’t really know if I have the money or not since they don’t know that I have a bank account here, but it will not be hard for them to find I guess. No I’ll not pay, I’ll find whatever solution but I will not give them this amount that is way exaggerated

• Haha
Reactions: wellington and jafo
Also If I didn’t say that I moved abroad and they see no annual declaration from me, whereas technically I’m still EU resident for them because I told nothing -> will trigger the warning

They don’t really know if I have the money or not since they don’t know that I have a bank account here, but it will not be hard for them to find I guess. No I’ll not pay, I’ll find whatever solution but I will not give them this amount that is way exaggerated
They could start criminal investigation on you because of unpaid tax and ask for your extradition to your country lol

Did you take out money from the company without paying taxes or what?

At this point, he is knowingly committing tax evasion.

I advise anyone 'advising' him in responses to be careful in their responses.

For O. P.
You never f**k with the tax man, and even though he's a cunt, he's the biggest cunt in the world, and you can't hide from his legally owed dues.

You never f**k with the tax man, and even though he's a cunt, he's the biggest cunt in the world, and
our involuntary life & business partner with a +50% ownership! smi(&%

Exactly! 100% this! Hence my response here again:

If I were you, I would cut a deal with them, pay them their money, and move on with my life.
;)

For O. P.
You never f**k with the tax man, and even though he's a cunt, he's the biggest cunt in the world, and you can't hide from his legally owed dues.
That is why people go to live in UAE and even islands countries to get residence or citizenship
The reality is that unpaid tax can lead to criminal investigation and problems internationally
Maybe you can ask to come a deal to spread payments within 3 years with tax authority? They usually are keen for settlements
It is painful , but it is better to pay...

Maybe you can ask to come a deal to spread payments within 3 years with tax authority? They usually are keen for settlements
It is painful , but it is better to pay...
It is not smart to owe money to the tax authorities, and certainly not to try to avoid paying what you owe them. However, I would say that if you stay calm, and are able to move to a country where they can't reach you, and you don't continue this bad career path, then you might be lucky and escape after a few years, without paying at all.

For O. P.
Exactly this. If I were him I would hire a lawyer before moving forwards and try to bring down the bill as much as possible. It sounds like tax evasion and the tax man is trying to teach him a lesson the hard way.