Our valued sponsor

Company for a blog (no revenue for the time being)

sreview

Dec 15, 2020
Visit site
I opened a blog some time ago, I am currently working on publishing a book.

In order to not associate the company to me (and making my address appear in things like website registration and so on) I would like to create a company, in UK will be better but I am open to possibilities. The company will generate 0 revenue, it will be mostly expenses (paying for freelancer, paying for other stuff, etc) and I would like 0 hassle in managing on a yearly basis in terms of writing balance, accounting, etc. Can you please suggest/advice your solution?

If you form the company in the UK, your name will appear in public record as director, shareholder, and/or PSC (Person with Significant Control). Additionally, UK has weak freedom of speech.

I'd go with a US LLC for this, some state like Wyoming or New Mexico. Very, very strong freedom of speech laws. Depending on where you live, you can often get banking with Wise, Mercury, and similar. Accounting is very easy. You can use free apps like Wave (Wave: Small Business Software). There are some forms you need to send to the IRS but they are very easy.

If you form the company in the UK, your name will appear in public record as director, shareholder, and/or PSC (Person with Significant Control). Additionally, UK has weak freedom of speech.

I'd go with a US LLC for this, some state like Wyoming or New Mexico. Very, very strong freedom of speech laws. Depending on where you live, you can often get banking with Wise, Mercury, and similar. Accounting is very easy. You can use free apps like Wave (Wave: Small Business Software). There are some forms you need to send to the IRS but they are very easy.
When you are stating that the USA has a high level of freedom of speech, can you explain why former President Donald Trump has declined from all social networks?

When you are stating that the USA has a high level of freedom of speech, can you explain why former President Donald Trump has declined from all social networks?
I'm sorry you dropped out of school at an early age. Would you like me to begin with an explanation of the difference between private businesses and governments?

Hi, sorry, just to clarify some questions:
- I live in Germany, where I pay taxes as employee;
- I am a EU citizen
A US LLC is probably fine for you. Very low cost, high degree of privacy, easy to manage, and strong protection against law suits if you're worried about your blog or book drawing attention.

Just book a meeting with a good tax adviser who can explain the exact tax implications. It's a small price to pay for some early peace of mind. In case the company starts generating profits, you need to understand how to handle those profits correctly under German tax law.

I would love to know what are advantages of freedom of speech in the USA when some thoughts are banned, no matter for business or entity.
Of course, if it's in good faith, happy to explain middle school civics curriculum to you. Let's take it in another thread, though.

I'm sorry you dropped out of school at an early age. Would you like me to begin with an explanation of the difference between private businesses and governments?
You are very kind but please keep yourself motivated not to spread misleading information or you can refer to other forums where you will start gaining your knowledge and professional skills.

+1 would go for the US LLC setup. Even from a further tax planning perspective, it's possibly a great setup to have should you relocate sometime in the future.

can you explain why former President Donald Trump has declined from all social networks?
Because the constitution only protects you against public institutions so I have the freedom of speech of going to your funeral, showing a message while standing behind the place that says "glad this guy died" and no public institution will be able to sensor me because it's my right to say it... But if I do it in a social media platform, the social media platform has all the business right to sensor me because it's their business and they can do whatever the heck they want with one of their users as long as it's cover by their terms of service.

I opened a blog some time ago, I am currently working on publishing a book.

In order to not associate the company to me (and making my address appear in things like website registration and so on) I would like to create a company, in UK will be better but I am open to possibilities. The company will generate 0 revenue, it will be mostly expenses (paying for freelancer, paying for other stuff, etc) and I would like 0 hassle in managing on a yearly basis in terms of writing balance, accounting, etc. Can you please suggest/advice your solution?
Like others said, go with a US LLC because there is no better option in terms of price/easy to go with. Just make sure you know your tax liabilities in your home country and also be aware that in the US there are those who love to sue people so if your blog is going to spread "challenging opinions" be ready to fight in the court once you get traction

Latest Threads