Our valued sponsor

iamafrog

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Hello everybody. I bought some bitcoins in the past and now I want to cash them out.

I'm currently living in Spain and I'm considering to move for more than 183 days to another country so I can become a tax resident there. What I don't know is what country should I move to, and what setup would suit me the best. I've been researching Cyprus, Georgia, Malta, Portugal, Andorra and Slovenia. I want to create an LLC or an LLP in that (or in other country) so I can back to Spain later on with a company in whethever country is best.

I am reading horror stories about banks blocking transactions from exchanges. I want to be careful with this too.
What do you think it would be the best setup? Thanks :)

P.S. Aditional info: I'm into I.T. creating a startup right now.

Reactions: Almouk
Hello everybody. I bought some bitcoins in the past and now I want to cash them out.

I'm currently living in Spain and I'm considering to move for more than 183 days to another country so I can become a tax resident there. What I don't know is what country should I move to, and what setup would suit me the best. I've been researching Cyprus, Georgia, Malta, Portugal, Andorra and Slovenia. I want to create an LLC or an LLP in that (or in other country) so I can back to Spain later on with a company in whethever country is best.

I am reading horror stories about banks blocking transactions from exchanges. I want to be careful with this too.

Legally it might not be possible as you probably have to pay tax to Spain on the unrealised capital gain if you move out.

What you don't like about coinbase?

And what do you think of Bitstamp?
Okay I'll help you with your question, and hope you can help me with my OP xD

If you trade using Coinbase, as soon as we reach the top of the bubble the exchange will stop working. Moreover Coinbase will tell the IRS what you are doing, even if you are not from the USA, and finally they have blocked accounts in the past (for example from Cuban traders because of U.S. sanctions).

About Bitstamp, I have the suspicion that he also snitches but the exchange is quite robust, so I use it to trade what I'm going to declare (not shady transactions). For the later I use a Binance anonymous account. Which is reliable and doesn't give info (for now)

And now... What is the best setup to escape from taxation? Georgia, cyprus..? :D

Reactions: Almouk and DavidS
Okay I'll help you with your question, and hope you can help me with my OP xD

If you trade using Coinbase, as soon as we reach the top of the bubble the exchange will stop working. Moreover Coinbase will tell the IRS what you are doing, even if you are not from the USA, and finally they have blocked accounts in the past (for example from Cuban traders because of U.S. sanctions).

About Bitstamp, I have the suspicion that he also snitches but the exchange is quite robust, so I use it to trade what I'm going to declare (not shady transactions). For the later I use a Binance anonymous account. Which is reliable and doesn't give info (for now)

And now... What is the best setup to escape from taxation? Georgia, cyprus..? :D
Bitstamp could be snitches per CRS as they are in EU while Bitstamp and Kraken are in US.

Best way to escape taxation I think is getting second citizenship or second tax residency somewhere and then establishing a really complex and convoluted offshore structure that would be too costly for tax man to research and they would just not bother with it.

Just moving to another country for 183 days, withdraw a profits which would be taxable in a Spain in case of not doing it, and comming back next year is considered by spanish tax authorities as abuse of law.
And you will be liable for income tax as well as all penalties and criminal prosecution in Spain.

Do not believe to people who are trying to sell you just a dream about moving to UAS for some time, cash out your cryptos and move back to Spain afterwords. This is not how it works. One day, when you will be crying in a jail for a tax fraud, they will just declare, everything is your responsibility.

To cash out a crypto, you need more sophisticated structure. It is not cheap nor easy, But is it still possible. Do not believe those who promise you easy and cheap solutions. Expecialy if you are resident of high tax western country, what Spain is. They are just trying to sell you their services and they do not care about you in real.

Just moving to Dubai for 6 months, botain tax residence certificate, cash out crypto and come back to Spain, will be conssidered by spanish tax authority as abuse of law and they will deny to accept your UAS tax residence certificate as result of abuse of law and you will be taxed from all income + penalties + late tax payment interest + criminal prosecution..

Latest Threads