Our valued sponsor

Crypto (directly) and fiat payments, for a shop

Poem

Apr 21, 2021
Earth
Visit site
* UK Ltd, non resident
* Non resident of US, EU and other 1st worlds countries either
* Several online shops. Not a Shopify, not WooCommerce, but my own engine ( he-he-he ), so it's not about Shopify payments.

How would I process *both* fiat and crypto- payments in a store?

Crypto-payments would be processed directly, with no third-party involved, whereas ones in fiat, of course, via Stripe or something like that.

If I put my UK company name onto a store or all of my stores, into "privacy policy" and "about", will I have any problems in regards to taxes when a customer pays in crypto? For it'll be direct payments and, of course, there'll be no bank involved in it. I figure I won't be able to issue an invoice either.

Or should I better use **either** of these options:

* only fiat payments and put a company name onto a store; all will be in a proper, legal manner
* only crypto-payments, no mention of the company name anywhere;

?

* UK Ltd, non resident
* Several online shops. Not a Shopify, not WooCommerce, but my own engine ( he-he-he ), so it's not about Shopify payments.

Crypto-payments would be processed directly, with no third-party involved, whereas ones in fiat, of course, via Stripe or something like that.

If I put my UK company name onto a store or all of my stores, into "privacy policy" and "about", will I have any problems in regards to taxes when a customer pays in crypto? For it'll be direct payments and, of course, there'll be no bank involved in it. I figure I won't be able to issue an invoice either.

* only fiat payments and put a company name onto a store; all will be in a proper, legal manner

?
@OP for incoming Crypto and banking, setup an API from an emi on your website, were clients get redirected to, the EMI should readily cater to Crypto and Fiats incoming and outcoming..(do some research inline with the above info) and your sure to get some ideas..

Alternatively set up corporate/business banking acct thats in the same name as company..

IMHO having both options would cater to client choices rather than leaning towards Either/Or..cig-:,

@OP for incoming Crypto and banking, setup an API from an emi on your website, were clients get redirected to, the EMI should readily cater to Crypto and Fiats incoming and outcoming..(do some research inline with the above info) and your sure to get some ideas..
What does that have to do with my question?
I said - crypto-payments are handled DIRECTLY, with no third-party. It's a condition.

Alternatively set up corporate/business banking acct thats in the same name as company..
Who's company name could I set it up with if not mine?

What question have you answered?
This one
Meaning, I've already implemented it and am not looking for a third-party provider. And I want to continue to process them, the crypto-payments, on my own as well.

* UK Ltd, non resident

?

You are not mentioning what would happen to the crypto payments after they are received by the company.

I would suggest definitely not mixing the two approaches, you do it one way or the other. Always better the legal way, which can of course accept crypto payments too - so long as they are accounted for.

Latest Threads