Our valued sponsor

CY resident + Romania micro company

Cool! I am also planning my move to Romania with a similar setup! Have you consiedered Cluj? It is quite a nice city, compared to Bucharest. But has lots of universities, international companies and an airport with direct flights into all major european cities!
I have considered Cluj as well. It also Romania's most successful town especially in IT and it has become relatively expensive in terms of setting up office. Setting up office is my number one priority and best living environment number two.

There 3 big IT centers in Romania

Bucharest, plenty of fish, offices etc

Cluj small city compared with the needs and the rents are way up,

Iasi this city attracts also ppl from Rep of Moldova who can easily get Romania citizenship, visa whatever from Romania. The last one is a little underestimated and have an airport with different destinations Italy, Spain, De

Timisoara it used to be close to Bucharest back in the day, but it's way behind, seems to be in the industrial category with Brasov, Sibiu etc

If one could do all the work from a distance and want a quite life and slow should choose Brasov or Sibiu, the latter would be the best.

I'm thinking about Timisoara, Brasov or Bucarest but i will probably go for Timisoara, cuz is cheaper and, just in case, easily reachable by car since it's close to the border on the west side. If anyone is interested to share some thoughts or costs we can discuss about it ;)

I'm thinking about Timisoara, Brasov or Bucarest but i will probably go for Timisoara, cuz is cheaper and, just in case, easily reachable by car since it's close to the border on the west side. If anyone is interested to share some thoughts or costs we can discuss about it ;)

I would also consider the flight connections, depending on where you plan to commute regularly:

I would also consider the flight connections, depending on where you plan to commute regularly:
There is a reason Cluj has more flights, it is far from any major airport. Budapest, Bucharest and Belgrade are 6 to 6 and a half hours drive away.

Timisoara has both Belgrade and Budapest Airport in about 3 hours driving distance.

Reactions: ilpablo
There is a reason Cluj has more flights, it is far from any major airport. Budapest, Bucharest and Belgrade are 6 to 6 and a half hours drive away.

Timisoara has both Belgrade and Budapest Airport in about 3 hours driving distance.

Interesting! But still, 20minutes (in cluj) vs 3hours to an airport can be quite a difference in case one plans to travel frequently..

In terms of diversity of international flights options and time to the the airport , I think TM is the best, it has airport and is at less than 3h to Belgrade airport.
Budapest is at maybe 6h, like Cluj, same distance the difference is that the customs that are closer to Tm have heavy traffic.

If international flights are very important and many, not talking about only Italy, Spain, Uk and De which are a almost a standard in Ro, then all those car travels will get you sick of them and then the logical move is to Bucharest or close by, probably in the North part of B, that way you'll have an easy and fast way to the airport.

I think Airbnb for one month inaa city will give a clue about it.

Keep in mind that we are in June 2 so you need to move to some place in Romania in the following weeks if you want that cheap tax. ,

My consultant told me i can get the residence permit + the company by setting up both through a legal address they provide. What do you think guys about that? I can get in trouble with my country (Italy) with this setup?

My consultant told me i can get the residence permit + the company by setting up both through a legal address they provide. What do you think guys about that? I can get in trouble with my country (Italy) with this setup?

what would be the reason for doing this instead of renting your own apartment? What is your actual plan?
You can do it in the starting phase, but you will need to create real substance to be on the safe side.

I would double check it with an CPA in Italy, it can't be difficult to explain him what it is you intend to do and ask him for his opinion, I would not relay on a consultant who has an interest to sell you something.

The plan is to setup the company and get the residency. But for sometimes I would just travel somewhere else.

For example 2 months country A, 3 months country B (but not more than 6 months in my own country).

I will keep track of this, so I can proof my life abroad. It is safe or I still need to rent an apartment event if I don't use it and anyway I live somewhere else abroad?

It is safe or I still need to rent an apartment event if I don't use it and anyway I live somewhere else abroad?
You have to rent an apartment and also have bills from local stores if you want to proof anything. It's sadly not that easy any longer as it was before.

Latest Threads