Our valued sponsor

Question Estonia or UK for an e-commerce selling to EU?

JonnyStekkino

Member Plus
Dec 10, 2021
Europe
Visit site
Hi there, I'm Italian, but I'm trying to settle in Georgia as my personal residency and for one of my 2 companies.

Since one of the 2 companies is an e-commerce and Georgia is not well accepted in the gateway's world, I'm thinking to setup a company in a simple and straight forward country just for that business.

The question is, which one is the best between UK, Estonia or any other to have just Stripe, some Bank Transfers in, and a stable bank account that will not be suspended after 2 months?

All considering that I will not be resident in that country.

Thanks you guys, this forum rocks!

If I had to choose between those 2 I would choose Estonia as UK is not in EU so would need to register for EU VAT in MOSS system anyway if selling to EU clients. Plus UK corporate tax will increase in 2023 they say which may or may not affect you depending on your profits. So better to just use a local Georgia company and have place of management and control figured out from day one.

Have a look at some Georgia gateways like Unipay etc and see if they offer foreign currency ability so you can use a Georgia company.

If I had to choose between those 2 I would choose Estonia as UK is not in EU so would need to register for EU VAT in MOSS system anyway if selling to EU clients. Plus UK corporate tax will increase in 2023 they say which may or may not affect you depending on your profits. So better to just use a local Georgia company and have place of management and control figured out from day one.

Have a look at some Georgia gateways like Unipay etc and see if they offer foreign currency ability so you can use a Georgia company.
from their website I can read "accepting payment only from visa and mastercard issued by local georgian banks"

Seems really a challenge accepting cards from Georgia, the only solution I found until now it's through a foreign company

from their website I can read "accepting payment only from visa and mastercard issued by local georgian banks"

Well thats not good then :confused:.

Seems really a challenge accepting cards from Georgia, the only solution I found until now it's through a foreign company

You tried paymentwall?

Gateways is not my area. But if you have no luck with finding a gateway to work with a Georgian company then that will leave you with no option but to go the foreign company route I guess and I would choose Estonia company first over UK.

Perhaps someone else can suggest some other options.

Hi there, I'm Italian, but I'm trying to settle in Georgia as my personal residency and for one of my 2 companies.

Since one of the 2 companies is an e-commerce and Georgia is not well accepted in the gateway's world, I'm thinking to setup a company in a simple and straight forward country just for that business.

The question is, which one is the best between UK, Estonia or any other to have just Stripe, some Bank Transfers in, and a stable bank account that will not be suspended after 2 months?

All considering that I will not be resident in that country.

Thanks you guys, this forum rocks!
I can confirm this model works in Estonia - facilitating payments 7 digit revenue each month

The crucial aspect regarding these types of models for facilitating payments is to determine on behalf of how many companies the payment intermediary/commercial agent is acting. The EU jurisdictions interpret some of the directives differently so depending on the country licensing may be required. Usually, if you receive funds on behalf of just one company licensing will not be needed.

Latest Threads