Our valued sponsor

Good introducer for Mauritius?

Silvio

Pro Member
Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
I want to open some accounts in Mauritius but seems all banks there require an introducer.
I prefer working with a local introducer rather than a middleman - can anybody recommend one?

There is no problem to list any providers, the problem is if people start spamming the forum as an service provider. So feel free to post what you may know ;)

Reactions: Silvio
On ACCOUNT OPENING | ABC Banking they claim
"We do not accept clients on a direct approach basis".. weird.
Well, if you contact them directly, I mean you pick up the phone, ask for someone to speak with regarding account opening tou can proceed. So maybe they put this up onthe website but still it's possible or was at the time where I tried them, May 2019 !

As far as I know, you do not need an introducer for banks in Mauritius.
You can just step in and open the account.
At least personal ones.
"All applications should be sent through a Corporate Service Provider (CSP), Company register agent, Offshore Management Company or a law firm which will have to become an introducer to us to be able to open the account"

Yes, as I say, pick up the phone and give them a call, most people around here don't call anyone any longer they sit behind their screen and wonder why everything is so complicated or even impossible.

As many may know what is posted on OffshoreCorpTalk is read among banks, service providers and EMI's too and most often once something is posted here as a possible solution it's quickly a closed door.

Reactions: Gediminas
I am in the process of opening an account with ABC Banking. I am using Sovereign Group. They are more expensive than others but i believe but ABC has fewer requirements for clients introduced by them (they waived the CSP being cosigner on all outgoing wires) Sovereign is certainly thorough in asking me for all the documentation.

(they waived the CSP being cosigner on all outgoing wires)
Would you like to elaborate on this part so we can get a better understanding please?

Reactions: Joe Blasco
Sorry. did not get notification of answer in thread. To clarify, the first CSP i contacted stated that the Bank would require them "to act as Director and Authorised Signatory on the account, which shall bear additional charges " clearly I balked at this. I believe that my contact at the Bank is different from who gave (if they gave) that requirement. They then gave me the name of Sovereign and we are moving forward, not at warp speed but forwards nonetheless. They have reviewed all preliminary documents and now I am waiting for Certified copies of the same to send to them.

Reactions: Spinat
Do you have experience with both companies @Sols ?

Latest Threads