Our valued sponsor

How long you need to Stake a coin to double it?

kilor

Mentor Group Gold Premium
Dec 22, 2021
Visit site
How long would it take to stake a cryptocurrency to double it?

Let's say I had 10K to invest and want to stake it with either Kraken, Binance or other - how long would I need to do that to get 20K out of it?

What is the risk?

Reactions: JohnLocke
How long would it take to stake a cryptocurrency to double it?

Let's say I had 10K to invest and want to stake it with either Kraken, Binance or other - how long would I need to do that to get 20K out of it?

What is the risk?
The risk is you being your own yield ;) The price of x token to go down in value much more than the supposed "yield" resulting in you buying your own yield basically for tax.

So cannot be said it to be good deal. It may or may not be.
The yield fetish is equal to focus only on dividends paid out while ignoring total return of a stock.

So lets say you focus last 7days coingecko, whereas bitcoin is up 32.7% vs. eth up only 21.4%. So youd need effectively need 2 years of yield to offset this loss.
Whereas you could find a small coin which just 3x s and pays yield on top... Resulting in a big fat strong outperformance.

So it cannot be said generally nor can a formula be made. Id just warn against it being such a strong focus snakes salesmen put on.

There is also yield from stablecoins, whereas this seems more predictable, it can end like luna/ust you buying your yield very expensively.

Also there is platofrm and reg risk. Especially with the us being so aggressive and shCit all over the place right now. You might better focus on dexes / defi stuff as of now. (this is also changing).

There is something newish - like real yield. A good and famous one hereby is: GMX
They do not dilute their stack by paying you yield and pay in non-native currency.
This is much better but the yield is adjusted weekly making a prognosis impossible.

Last edited:

Latest Threads