Our valued sponsor

How to buy real estate in Europe anonymously?

Hi,
in your opinion which ways you have to buy real estate in Europe anonymously?
With a corporate and / or a nominee? a trust?
Which country would you choose to incorporate and why?
Would be super helpful if you can indicate cons of each solution (likewise ways a gov or other entity could crack down the anonymity or others cons).
I am very curious to hear from you all.

Reactions: JohnLocke
in your opinion which ways you have to buy real estate in Europe anonymously?
With a corporate and / or a nominee? a trust?

Any good offshore company but with CFC rules I would go for a trust.

Which country would you choose to incorporate and why?

Any you choose

Would be super helpful if you can indicate cons of each solution (likewise ways a gov or other entity could crack down the anonymity or others cons).

You need to think about the extra tax penalties you pay in some countries for using a trust or offshore company. For example in UK you would pay ATED each year for using a trust or offshore company when property value is over a certain threshold that lowers each year.

Most offshore companies and trusts are penetrable. Only a matter of time before land registry's will be forced to include a UBO.

In the UK you would register UK limited company with a nominee. Then you could either put a trust as a PSC but I dont like that as its another bunch of questions.
Or the offshore company lends the funds to the UK company at whatever rate you want.

As the Trust has a first charge on the property the nominee can not sell nor borrow against the property without the consent of the Trust as the mortgager. Plus the T&C's of the mortgage is quite strict in regards to what the mortgagee can do.

You are the UBO without being the UBO legally...... et voila.

This can be done all onshore in the UK without any issue legally.

Seperate management company in the event it generates an income to maximise profit. Ie hotel or block of flats.

In the UK you would register UK limited company with a nominee. Then you could either put a trust as a PSC but I dont like that as its another bunch of questions.
Or the offshore company lends the funds to the UK company at whatever rate you want.

As the Trust has a first charge on the property the nominee can not sell nor borrow against the property without the consent of the Trust as the mortgager. Plus the T&C's of the mortgage is quite strict in regards to what the mortgagee can do.

You are the UBO without being the UBO legally...... et voila.

This can be done all onshore in the UK without any issue legally.

Seperate management company in the event it generates an income to maximise profit. Ie hotel or block of flats.

Thank you for your answer ;) top :cool:

Do you have some resources to suggest in order to elaborate on and study more this solution?
In order to understand time needed for each step, procedure to follow, cost, and all the practical things to know.

Thank you for your answer ;) top :cool:

Do you have some resources to suggest in order to elaborate on and study more this solution?
In order to understand time needed for each step, procedure to follow, cost, and all the practical things to know.

To be honest we stumbled accross it by accident.
A client was using his trust fund (BVI) cash to buy a property in the UK. The bank rejected the payment because compliance were not happy with it.
We tried every argument and gave all the paperwork to support the funds were legal. They refused it.

So then I suggested to the lawyer that we could loan the funds secured against the property and put an agreement in place but a coupon/interest had to be paid every year. Whether it was paid or not is between you and the lender.
The lender must send you an annual statement and if you are in default there must be correspondence to that effect and also a admin fee and penalty. Again you dont have to honour any of it if you are also the lender.

Now when the property is sold you minus the amount outstanding plus any accrued interest plus defaults interest and penalties. Viola mitigation of CGT if it is not your main residence or it is in a limited company.

Time required is relatively quick between 2-4 weeks depending on your solicitor and the how complex the property title is.
As it's a cash purchase it's just standard conveyancing. Subject to the solicitor knowing what he is doing and keeping the right side of the law.

The structure is similar to how bridging loans work in the UK.

If you need to have a chat to break it down feel free to get in touch. Judging by your username this is definitely something you need to have in your Arsenal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Txaxandlxaxwxyxexr
To be honest we stumbled accross it by accident.
A client was using his trust fund (BVI) cash to buy a property in the UK. The bank rejected the payment because compliance were not happy with it.
We tried every argument and gave all the paperwork to support the funds were legal. They refused it.

So then I suggested to the lawyer that we could loan the funds secured against the property and put an agreement in place but a coupon/interest had to be paid every year. Whether it was paid or not is between you and the lender.
The lender must send you an annual statement and if you are in default there must be correspondence to that effect and also a admin fee and penalty. Again you dont have to honour any of it if you are also the lender.

Now when the property is sold you minus the amount outstanding plus any accrued interest plus defaults interest and penalties. Viola mitigation of CGT if it is not your main residence or it is in a limited company.

Time required is relatively quick between 2-4 weeks depending on your solicitor and the how complex the property title is.
As it's a cash purchase it's just standard conveyancing. Subject to the solicitor knowing what he is doing and keeping the right side of the law.

The structure is similar to how bridging loans work in the UK.

If you need to have a chat to break it down feel free to get in touch. Judging by your username this is definitely something you need to have in your Arsenal.
That is a very (!!!) clever solution! my compliment! top

Reactions: CaptK
It took some gymnastics to get it right and we were audited.
Her words were "how much do you charge per hour" I said to her "I charge a percentage relative to the amount of work I have to do". She took my number as she was about to leave to start her own practice. Suffice to say we do a lot of business together