Our valued sponsor

If not having money in crypto, then in what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may not have any direct investments in the US, however whatever assets you are invested in is likely to be affected by what happens in the US economy to a smaller or larger extent.

The simple example would be if you were invested in Novartis (a swiss pharmaceutical). You would still have huge exposure to the US as they make much of their profits in that market. Probably your exposure is lower than by investing in Merck ... but I would have to look at the numbers to be sure.

You may not have any direct investments in the US, however whatever assets you are invested in is likely to be affected by what happens in the US economy to a smaller or larger extent.

That's a different point you raise to what I clearly stated. Yes we live in an interconnected world so I get your point however.

Last edited:
Those shi**ing on securities just remember the cardinal rule: "TIME IN MARKET > TIMING THE MARKET".

If you have a lump sum to invest for long term (20+ years) just put (percentages are approximate):
60% world stock index (like VT)
25% bond index (BND)
10% real estate
5% Bitcoin

Real estate will be worth less over time due to amortisation, but at least you can live there and rent it out, thus only 10%. Bitcoin is very risky, but will most likely be worth more over time, because of halvings and people losing private keys + people dying and private keys being lost that way (lower supply) + offshore sanctions and more controls on banking sector means some money will flood into crypto assets, since they are not confiscateable (everything else in Universe is confiscatable).

Stocks historically have always been going up due to productivity growth of humanity. This productivity won't stop unless nuclear war.

Avoid gold and precious metals and oil.

You're welcome.

Those who have bitcoin profits cashed out in their bank account, but think every other asset is in an even worse bubble, can:
1. Move to a country with zero or low capital gains tax, and
2. Repurchase bitcoin via the Swedish XBT Provider, listed on Nasdaq First North

In this way, they can both 1) stay in bitcoin and 2) keep their money clean.

As for shorting bitcoin, rather than BitMEX, I would use the bitcoin futures traded in CME or ICE Futures (Bakkt), as these are real, regulated exchanges. BitMEX is a Seychelles company where one's money gets as tarnished as e.g. in Bitfinex.

Regarding BullionStar, they do have KYC. It is not as strict as in some other places, but it is there.

Reactions: daxbr
My own experience. When registering, they don't require much. But later one may be asked to supply KYC documentation. In my case the reason was either the account growing into low six figures, or a wire transfer from a country where I am not resident.

They move probably 100s of millions/year. Of course they are subject to KYC legislation - even tiny crypto bucket shops are required to do KYC at certain point.

Reactions: FV28454
My own experience. When registering, they don't require much. But later one may be asked to supply KYC documentation. In my case the reason was either the account growing into low six figures, or a wire transfer from a country where I am not resident.

They move probably 100s of millions/year. Of course they are subject to KYC legislation - even tiny crypto bucket shops are required to do KYC at certain point.
I didn't have these numbers but anyway important ones and no KYC so far. But anyway they don't report anything, that's the point.

^Yes, BullionStar is a good choice, although they have a high markup in their btc prices.

I wish they began granting EUR/USD loans with gold as collateral, like SGPMX does. I've heard rumors that instead of selling their gold, Big Boys & Girls prefer to borrow against it.

Reactions: moneyhoney

I totally agree, such a operation / business can't work without KYC and due diligence on their customers. If they didn't do that it would be a nice opportunity for all of us to move large amounts anonymously.

Reactions: daxbr
Anyway it's the first place allowing me to invest my BTC for tens thousand with no KYC.
So you still claim you don't have to provide any KYC with this service provider even the fact you sya you have invested tens of thousdands with them?

So you still claim you don't have to provide any KYC with this service provider even the fact you sya you have invested tens of thousdands with them?
Yes. So far no question asked.

There are no limits for cash in SG, so you can buy for instance a watch for 50k$ with cash and no questions. So why not the same with gold?

so you can buy for instance a watch for 50k$ with cash and no questions. So why not the same with gold?
Where are you going to be able to do that? sorry, I get a little confused?

You can still do that in Hong Kong
Yeah but then I will get trouble to take Gold and Watches for 100k$ withim in the airport lin%%& For people living in Europe HK may not be an option.

I will get trouble to take Gold and Watches for 100k$ withim in the airport lin%%&
Not a problem with watches or diamonds, Gold bars I think it's exempted of declaring it

February 7, 2018

That's why Hong Kong keeps top spot as world’s freest economy

Last edited:
Where are you going to be able to do that? sorry, I get a little confused?
Singapore or Hong Kong.

What I meant was: you can do such operation buying all the luxury with cash, so why wouldn't you be able to do, with no KYC, with gold bars? That's why Bullionstar isn't strict.

Yeah but then I will get trouble to take Gold and Watches for 100k$ withim in the airport lin%%& For people living in Europe HK may not be an option.
Yes I wouldn't take all that gold with me ;) about the watch.... it depends!

Reactions: GiGoGo
What I meant was: you can do such operation buying all the luxury with cash, so why wouldn't you be able to do, with no KYC, with gold bars? That's why Bullionstar isn't strict.

You only need 7 notes to buy 1kg of Gold

Not a problem with watches or diamonds, Gold bars I think it's exempted of declaring it

February 7, 2018

That's why Hong Kong keeps top spot as world’s freest economy

ahhh I would risk to take Gold, Diamonds or any luxury with me to Europe from Hong Kong worth 50K + US$ but that's my opinion. It's easy to post something on a forum but another thing is to do this in real life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.