Our valued sponsor

If Wise is going to close accounts and is not the best, how diversify the money?

bizman

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
What EMI's would you suggest as good alternatives and to spread your risk? This is for a EU company which is unable to open a real bank account with a real bank?

We have the Revolut which people are satisfied with, but are there others? And how would you rate Revolut for business activity in the end of 6 figures euro holdings??

Reactions: Marios and Why
What EMI's would you suggest as good alternatives and to spread your risk? This is for a EU company which is unable to open a real bank account with a real bank?

We have the Revolut which people are satisfied with, but are there others? And how would you rate Revolut for business activity in the end of 6 figures euro holdings??
I dislike Revolut. For EU citizens they closed access to USD and if you do not have a tax residency in EU they also close access to stocks..
wise closed my account because they were not satisfied with the 10s of documents they asked from me and that i sent them in full compliance.
I am now also searching for a wise alternative that would let me keep my hard earned money as an expat. I am considering offshore banking but it seems difficult to open a personal account directly, and using an agent is tricky as it is hard to tell if they are legit or not.

any recommendation is most welcome

I dislike Revolut. For EU citizens they closed access to USD and if you do not have a tax residency in EU they also close access to stocks..
wise closed my account because they were not satisfied with the 10s of documents they asked from me and that i sent them in full compliance.
I am now also searching for a wise alternative that would let me keep my hard earned money as an expat. I am considering offshore banking but it seems difficult to open a personal account directly, and using an agent is tricky as it is hard to tell if they are legit or not.

Revolut does support USD for EU residents and companies, accounts issued by Revolut Bank UAB in Lithuania and with JPMorgan Chase in the UK as a correspondent.

Offshore banking is not really something you need for the average person. You might be better off going for a decent EU EMI like Blackcatcard.

Revolut does support USD for EU residents and companies, accounts issued by Revolut Bank UAB in Lithuania and with JPMorgan Chase in the UK as a correspondent.

Offshore banking is not really something you need for the average person. You might be better off going for a decent EU EMI like Blackcatcard.
Sorry but Revolut, even though it says it has USD account, doesn’t allow payment or withdrawal in USD for EU citizens…

Sorry but Revolut, even though it says it has USD account, doesn’t allow payment or withdrawal in USD for EU citizens…
Not sure, I don't use my personal Revolut for USD and try not to hold much money as a person. Companies and Revolut, Airwallex, Currenxie are a lot better solution for me.

USD transfers on Revolut work fine for me - both incoming and outgoing with the business account.

Not sure, I don't use my personal Revolut for USD and try not to hold much money as a person. Companies and Revolut, Airwallex, Currenxie are a lot better solution for me.

USD transfers on Revolut work fine for me - both incoming and outgoing with the business account.
The problem with Currenxiw that they only open an account in HK, if you need an account in the Eurozone or UK, they require first a bank statement from a real bank . And if someone needs an account with them because they can't open a bank account for the company, then they could only get the account in HK, with the fees involved when tranfering money from Europe.

Reactions: Why and jafo
The problem with Currenxiw that they only open an account in HK, if you need an account in the Eurozone or UK, they require first a bank statement from a real bank . And if someone needs an account with them because they can't open a bank account for the company, then they could only get the account in HK, with the fees involved when tranfering money from Europe.

cmon g think outside the box, just give them what they want

• Haha
Reactions: Forester and jafo
I have a personal account with Revolut and they don't provide a USD account, EUR and GBP yes but not USD.

Is Zen.com proper multicurrency? I mean they provide an account in EUR USD AUD SGD etc. like Wise?
Others dont have problem with getting USD with Revolut , where are you located ?

Yes, they provide multicurrency account like Wise also you can get pyhsical debit card and virtual card. Check details on website
Useless:

Thank you for applying to ZEN Business.

Unfortunately, due to our company policies and the legal requirements, we regret to let you know that we are currently unable to support your business.

We have placed your company's information on our waiting list and if anything changes, we’ll reach out to you. In case you don’t want us to store your company information, click the Unsubscribe button below.

May ZEN be with you!

Others dont have problem with getting USD with Revolut , where are you located ?

Italy.

Useless:

Unfortunately, due to our company policies and the legal requirements, we regret to let you know that we are currently unable to support your business.

We have placed your company's information on our waiting list and if anything changes, we’ll reach out to you. In case you don’t want us to store your company information, click the Unsubscribe button below.

May ZEN be with you!

Italy.
Ok business account …that is something else , I was referring to personal account…

This is for a EU company which is unable to open a real bank account with a real bank?
What are the roots? Just that's a pure offshore or some high-risk business, “toxic” citizenship or residence of UBO(s) and directors, ...? It's important for making a suggestion.
We have the Revolut which people are satisfied with, but are there others?
Yes, extremely probably.
And how would you rate Revolut for business activity in the end of 6 figures euro holdings??
Negatively – in general.
Revolut (as well as Wise, BTW) is known to have one pitfall: Closing the (especially business) accounts without any warning or notice, without any reasonable explanation and freezing the cash for undefined time. Yes, it is true that a big, even perhaps major part of horror stories that you can read here and elsewhere is de facto concerning an account misuse or abuse; but it is not always so. There is really a very remarkable number of cases where their AI machine just makes a false deduction / misinterprets data (or/and some poorly paid trained monkey at the first line of compliance departement does the same); and the dispute takes eons. Yes, AFAIK, nobody lost the money, finally they return it to the owner but even freezing your cash for some months can ruin your life and/or business perfectly. Of course, it can happen with another EMI, too; but with Revolut/Wise it is IMO quite frequent.
I guess that the core problem there is that they are
– too big (and probably underpowered in resources) to handle all the agenda properly;
– too known not to attract very different people, sometimes definitely with really shady intentions...
As a result, you can simply have a bad luck quite often...
OK, they are not second to evil but definitely not sufficiently reliable – and generally there is a lot of another (better) financial institutions.

So I consider it usable/recommendable only for a really limited set of use-cases. Perhaps the well acceptable use-cases for Revolut/Wise are if you work as a porter, pay for your groceries and from time to time send some amount to your parents somewhere, or if you have a grocery shop and pay to local farmers.

So you need a personal account, not a business one – correct?
What is your citizenship and residence and how much money you are willing to deposit? Again, it's important for making a suggestion.
the fees involved when tranfering money from Europe.
IIRC, Currenxie asks for something like 8 USD for a SWIFT transaction – it's not expensive, IMO...
Useless:

May ZEN be with you!

Italy.
You applied for an Italian company? What business are you into?

Hi,
What is the business activity of your EU entity?

Latest Threads