Our valued sponsor

InteractiveBrokers + Seychelles IBC -> account closure

Jelda

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have Seychelles IBC and account at InteractiveBrokers and today I've received notice from IB stating they will close my account in few weeks.

From my point of view I haven't done any suspicious activity - clear company structure (I am sole owner), few stocks/bonds trades per month, deposits/withdrawals to only one bank account which was used for initial funding. I tried to contact customer service but they were not able or willing to provide much information - they said it's because regulator wants them to close business with customers from high risk countries.

So I want to ask:
- did you have similar experience with InteractiveBrokers?
- is there some new regulation/law that push brokers to limit exposure to "high risk countries", or do you think it's only IB activity and other brokers can still accept Seychelles IBC?
- if you were in same situation, what would be your plan B?

Thank you

Reactions: John Andrews
- did you have similar experience with InteractiveBrokers?

I closed my IB friends and family account before this happened.

- is there some new regulation/law that push brokers to limit exposure to "high risk countries"

Commonsense law bor&%#

or do you think it's only IB activity and other brokers can still accept Seychelles IBC?

Some may still in the short term but net is closing.

- if you were in same situation, what would be your plan B?

Find another broker or liquidate asset sand setup a company in a jurisdiction without negative connotations.

I finally opened an account at InvestorsEurope today. KYC was a PITA. I can't vouch for them, as I haven't used it in practice, but they do accepts IBCs.

This is the Mauritius company thats a Saxobank white label last time I checked or has it changed now?

It's definitely a Mauritius company. I don't know its relationship with Saxobank. By the way, I also tried Saxobank, submitted an application and was solemnly ignored.

Just looked at their website and seems they are now a multi platform broker with 7 platforms :p. I need to check them out again they have moved on from how I remember them.

Do you use such companies to cover all your "digital" investments @Martin Everson , what I mean is they offer ETF's and stock trading (just two examples) that mean if that is all you want to invest in you only need that single platform for all your investments right?

Do you use such companies to cover all your "digital" investments @Martin Everson , what I mean is they offer ETF's and stock trading (just two examples) that mean if that is all you want to invest in you only need that single platform for all your investments right?

I have known the company for some years but never used them. But I would for any options needs. I need to check out the details of the platforms they offer. They white labelled a lot of platforms so need to check the underlying platform. Great non-EU platform if it checks out.

Latest Threads