Our valued sponsor

Introduce your self!

Hi All,

This looks to be a great source of info for a beginner like me to gain a better understanding of setting up an offshore company and how to run it effectively.

So, as the Admin has suggested here is a bit about me, my thoughts so far and where I could do with some help...

I’m presently a freelance U.K. based engineer but in the near future I’m hoping to finalise a contract in the Far East. That being the case I’ll spend approx 2/3 of my time each tax year overseas, i.e more than 183 days.

The company I’ll be working for have the ability (subject to some final clarification) to pay my current U.K. Ltd company, or a new offshore company set up in HK or Marshall Islands. Other offshore centres may also be possible.

Being new to all of this I’m looking to learn from likeminded member who have done something similar and also learn more about EMI, how these work with the above duristrictions etc etc.

The reason for mentioning the Marshall Islands is that I’m led to believe they have little requirement for major accounting exercises each year and of course a degree of anonymity

Finally the end game, to “try” and get some of my hard earned cash back to the U.K. as I’ll return to the U.K. after my Far East assignment and pick up more U.K. based work.

Look forward to hearing from all of you and building my story for the benefit of others.

Bigladsmith.

Hi,

I have currently finished my career in banking. I have spent over 15 years in banking sector which was focused on working with offshore companies and wealthy customers. I am here to get new knowledge and to share my thoughts and expierience with people who were on the opposite side of barricades for me for the last 15 years. Also currently im doing business in georgia and helping some of my previous banking customers.

I hope that we will go a long road with this forum.

Thank you for reading this and have a nice day:)

Reactions: myhand
Reactions: lookingforward
Hi all,

I am a provider of IT Consulting Services and Consultants for companies and institutions across Europe and America Latina.
One of my goals is to help our nomads, expats and freelancers to obtain the best possible income using the current available taxation strategies.
I'm very glad to have found this forum and all the information that contains. After filtering some noise it is very interesting and usefull.
It already allowed me to optimize the tax strategies for some of our colaborators.

A BIG Thanks guys.

Reactions: myhand
Welcome aboard to all of you new to OffshoreCorpTalk thu&¤#

Hello all + admin, just signed up and will be here in my capacity as a professional (EU centered) incorporations advisor.

I have been working across the field from capital insurances, trusts and IBC structures since back in the end of the 80's.

Our firm is London based while my personal favourite jurisdiction would be Vanuatu.

My interest is in the details of DTC's and how to use them to create a web of protection around the client. After all, if it is all law and regulation, then we are playing by the rules.

We are multilingual, me covering Scandinavian, English, German, French, Spanish and Romanian, plus a few on the side-line.

I have been living abroad all my professional life, in 14 countries up until now.

There are probably many areas I have not yet learnt enough, which is one reason for joining here. The other reason is that while browsing the forums I found quite a few questions left hanging and I will try to address those whenever I have something worth sharing.

Looking forward to this, a place that feel "all me".

Mike

Hello all + admin, just signed up and will be here in my capacity as a professional (EU centered) incorporations advisor.

I have been working across the field from capital insurances, trusts and IBC structures since back in the end of the 80's.

Our firm is London based while my personal favourite jurisdiction would be Vanuatu.

My interest is in the details of DTC's and how to use them to create a web of protection around the client. After all, if it is all law and regulation, then we are playing by the rules.

We are multilingual, me covering Scandinavian, English, German, French, Spanish and Romanian, plus a few on the side-line.

I have been living abroad all my professional life, in 14 countries up until now.

There are probably many areas I have not yet learnt enough, which is one reason for joining here. The other reason is that while browsing the forums I found quite a few questions left hanging and I will try to address those whenever I have something worth sharing.

Looking forward to this, a place that feel "all me".

Mike
Hi just noticed your favourite juridiction being Vanuatu, i just posted a comment on setting up a business based in that jurisdiction and asked about good banks there as transfers in and out from there is not easy and may consider Cyprus instead. Be interested in any comments you have.

How did you guys turned a "introduce yourself" thread into a discussion ? @Admin why don't you clean this thread??

Hello everyone,

Thought I would introduce myself being a new member of this forum. I am a US person getting ready to travel for the next few years to see the world.

Going to be setting up an offshore company to help with asset protection and taxes for income made over the next 3-4 years. Legal tax avoidance so I don't have to pay self employment tax in US.

For the last 16 years I have been a US based Attorney, but I'm tired and want to travel lol! So I am cashing in and going to have some fun before I get too old! I am interested in zero or low tax jurisdictions for formation.

Great forum and I look forward to learning and contributing any way that I can.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Welcome aboard @poetwarrior I hope you enjoy your stay and will benefit from OffshoreCorpTalk.com thu&¤#

Hi guys,

Stumbled across this site by accident today, I must say its a very impressive community. Definitely more interested in the fully anonymous side of offshore structuring for tax purposes so I am thinking about utilizing the Mentor Subscription. Does the advice and networking in there only go as far as digital accounts, or does it cover a more traditional banking set up too?

Once again this is a cracking resource. Look forward to being part of the group.

Hi!
I'm a consultant. I help to incorporate and manage companies in different jurisdictions, advise on tax-planning, crypto-licensing, security token offerings, etc.
I like the forum so far, there´s a lot of interesting content, and I hope I will be able to also contribute something useful.

Latest Threads