Our valued sponsor

Is there a benefit in acquiring an offshore company with banking license?

OKboomer

Nov 29, 2019
Visit site
For someone say from crypto/trading background who always gets KYC/AML trouble from any banks, respected and not, does it make sense to purchase an offco with banking license in order to use it as own pocket bank? Will it solve the problems? I know that any such bank would have to have a correspondent bank to actually process transactions, so does this mean that the same KYC/AML nightmare will simply shift from the individual to the small offco with banking license? and will it lead to the same compliance/paperwork hassle , as by simply opening a (private) bank account? Assuming nobody else's money would be accepted by such a bank. Generally, banks these days are disgusting, treating any crypto person like a drug dealer, forget about making trading transactions, buying/selling stuff, funding and withdrawing from crypto exchanges or brokers. Any thoughts? Experiences?

HNWI and crypto is normally not a problem. It's actually easier at the top than the bottom.

Big reliable players will service you if your at the level of having to open/operate your own private bank for yourself.

I am guessing either your crypto isn't 100% clean or your background is the KYC/AML problem?

No personal experience, but if opening a bank account is a problem in your situation I'm guessing getting a correspondent account will be exponentially harder to obtain and maintain.