Our valued sponsor

My experience with Ameriabank (Armenia)!

CiccioBanana

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
Hello and sorry for my english,
if I can share my experience, I opened an account at Ameriabank (Armenia), I did everything remotely from Italy, the procedure was fairly quick (connection with Skype, exchange of signed documents etc ...)
I have been in this bank for 3 years and have never had any problems, I have two credit cards that I use for anything in USD and EUR, I have also invested in deposit accounts.
Deposits and withdrawals without problems, this is my definitely positive experience (for now ...)

Regards

if I can share my experience, I opened an account at Ameriabank (Armenia), I did everything remotely from Italy, the procedure was fairly quick (connection with Skype, exchange of signed documents etc ...)
I have been in this bank for 3 years and have never had any problems, I have two credit cards that I use for anything in USD and EUR, I have also invested in deposit accounts.
Deposits and withdrawals without problems, this is my definitely positive experience (for now ...)

Regards

Do you mind sharing what did you say was the reason for opening account.. I mean what's the best answer here..?

Also did you have to provide source of wealth , tax payments etc..etc..

Thank you

Hello,
they asked me for my proof of residence and passport.
They wanted also an account opening wire transfer of 50 dollars, from my bank in Italy to their bank.
Then the account was opened to me without any particular problems, now I receive wire transfers from the State of Israel and, after a few initial questions, they have never asked me anything and now I do all the operations with online banking.

Regards

Reactions: 4br and ivan1911
Hello,
they asked me for my proof of residence and passport.
They wanted also an account opening wire transfer of 50 dollars, from my bank in Italy to their bank.
Then the account was opened to me without any particular problems, now I receive wire transfers from the State of Israel and, after a few initial questions, they have never asked me anything and now I do all the operations with online banking.

Regards

Hello
i'm italian too.
and are looking for a foreign solution.
But by transferring even just 50 euros from your Italian bank to you left a trace.
and as judge Falcone said, just follow the money to find who is behind it.

I wonder if they are able to figure out if you send the $50 from an EMI... did they say specific it had to be from your Italien bank.. it is hard to find a workaround here.

Reactions: Marie Manila

Regards

did you do an interview in English to open the account?

They opened me an account. 2 days later and asked them about an USD card. They said "we need more details". I said "no need then, I don't need a USD card".

In a day they suspended an account, then 1-2 days later after I came to them, they restored it, and then, a few days later, shut it down.

Without any transaction. And I had to pay for a card, some $10, which they didn't reimburse me.

All happened in Yerevan on site last year.

I am russian, they speak it too, that is, there was no misunderstanding.

Reactions: 4br
There is a reason why they don't have the CRS regulation. It's a corrupted and unstable country. I won't deposit even a single dollar. You can face corruption-related issues or financial issues (like bank bankruptcy) at any time. It is an unnecessary risk.
Did you ever personally suffer from their corruption or you just relay whatever you heard in the western media? :)

Reactions: 4br
Did you ever personally suffer from their corruption or you just relay whatever you heard in the western media? :)
My friend suffered a lot but no need to have a personal experience you can check the regular or social media. Armenia's allies even know that situation is very bad:

Ameriabank is a low credit rating small bank with less than 1000 employees and the country lost a war several weeks ago and they're on edge of civil war. I never work or deposit any more bank in those conditions unless I have a shady business.

My friend suffered a lot but no need to have a personal experience you can check the regular or social media. Armenia's allies even know that situation is very bad:

Ameriabank is a low credit rating small bank with less than 1000 employees and the country lost a war several weeks ago and they're on edge of civil war. I never work or deposit any more bank in those conditions unless I have a shady business.
Our experience with Armenia been nothing but positive so far. Even during war nothing really happened much within the country itself, except for closed entertainment businesses

Do you really need a bank servicing 1.5m people have more than 1000 employees? Since when you judge effectiveness and quality of the bank by how many employees they have? To me, large size means lack of flexibility

Reactions: OTR365 and 4br

I cant constructively converse with person who judges of the country by what he sees in the media (especially social media) Social media manipulation as a political tool is spreading

I cant constructively converse with person who judges of the country by what he sees in the media (especially social media) Social media manipulation as a political tool is spreading
Regular media is fake, social media is fake, credit ratings and bank facts are fake. What's real then? Armenia lost a war very badly and it is announced by the country's prime minister(fake prime minister?) and you're talking about the "safety" of micro-size bank in that territory?

119_Artsakh%20War%20copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Grigorijs
Regular media is fake, social media is fake, credit ratings and bank facts are fake. What's real then? Armenia lost a war very badly and it is announced by the country's prime minister(fake prime minister?) and you're talking about the "safety" of micro-size bank in that territory?

119_Artsakh%20War%20copy.jpg
The funny part is that these epic gatherings are happening in just 1 place but media portrays like its a country wide revolution. If you live in the rest 98% of places in Yerevan the chances are, you will never see a single protest. Media says "there is violence on the streets" but in reality its just happening all in 1 place where you can safely avoid if you are smart enough

they rejected me for no reason with my online application. From a reputable country, said it would be less <$5000 added monthly, showed my online website selling instruments --- they didn't care. Reject without reason.

Latest Threads