JohnnyDoe

Schrödinger's guy
Mentor Group Lifetime
Dec 6, 2021
beach
Visit site
Good news from Nebeus:

Money Accounts are now live on Nebeus! ✨

This new upgrade will allow you to get your personal European IBAN & UK Sort Code accounts. With them, you will be able to receive crypto from any exchange or wallet (such as Binance, Metamask, Ledger, etc.), exchange it into fiat, and send it instantly to your money account. In this way, you will have an immediate connection between your crypto and money account.
Also, many other possibilities have just been activated! With money accounts now Nebeus can be your main fiat account allowing you to receive funds from third parties (such as your salary), pay your bills, and of course, instantly send your funds to your Nebeus crypto account and take advantage of our complete ecosystem of crypto services.

If someone manages to open the fiat account please write it here. I confirmed it on the app but it seems that there is a bug.

Last edited:
Interesting. Looks like a smart solution, their crypto-backed loans etc. Perhaps a little bit risky but smart :). As well their ES-IE setup.
Thanks for sharing; keep us posted, please...

They use Modulr Payments
Yes, I catched it at their webpages; they (Nebeus) are an approved Outsourced Service Provider of Modulr FS Europe Limited. However, Modulr Payments is just an Irish EMI; probably they have an own Irish IBAN (?) but at least SWIFT transactions must definitely be done via some bank(s).
I am curious because Nebeus business model is as interesting as (IMO) can be considered risky, dubious etc. from the banks point of view (as we know, banks do not much like even crypto operations, not even speaking about crypto-backed loans...).

I don’t know about swift, I just made a SEPA transfer. My name is displayed as the sender, nothing suggests it is a crypto related transaction.
Oh, well. Thanks.

I believe they don't allow sending to 3rd party accounts using SEPA? (As I've read somewhere in their pages)
Apparently, it is a freshly introduced feature. You are correct, there is some discrepancy in their webpages, I have also seen somewhere there “transfers are only possible in favour of the account on your name“ or so...

However, Modulr Payments is just an Irish EMI; probably they have an own Irish IBAN (?) but at least SWIFT transactions must definitely be done via some bank(s).
FWIW, Modulr FS Europe Ltd seems to be a direct SWIFT member, as I have just found (https://thebanks.eu/emis/modulr-fs-europe-355146, MODRIE22 - SWIFT/BIC Code for MODULR FS EUROPE LIMITED, Dublin). Interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Novice
Again FWIW: As I was curious, I made a small research and have found that Modulr Payments is the company that is backing Revolut for payment operations, since 2017. (As I do not like Revolut, I was completely unaware about its technical background, I must admit.) As the scale of Revolut payment operations is really huge, being able to back them means something, regardless of fact that Modulr is remarkably smaller than for example The Currency Cloud.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
If you create a money account you will be able to transfer to third parties: https://support.nebeus.com/portal/en/kb/articles/stardard-money-account-1-8-2022
Quote from
https://support.nebeus.com/portal/en/kb/articles/stardard-money-account-1-8-2022 - Transfers Between your Digital and Crypto Accounts
Seamlessly transfer money between your Money and Crypto Accounts. The transfer limits of Nebeus Standard Money Account are:

Up to 1000 EUR per day.
Up to 5000 EUR per Month.

Uhmm... the latter threshold is not very exciting, as it limits your transfers (backed by crypto) remarkably. But better something than nothing, of course.

Reactions: jafo
Quote from
https://support.nebeus.com/portal/en/kb/articles/stardard-money-account-1-8-2022 - Transfers Between your Digital and Crypto Accounts
Seamlessly transfer money between your Money and Crypto Accounts. The transfer limits of Nebeus Standard Money Account are:

Up to 1000 EUR per day.
Up to 5000 EUR per Month.

Uhmm... the latter threshold is not very exciting, as it limits your transfers (backed by crypto) remarkably. But better something than nothing, of course.
Obviously you need to upgrade to one of their paid plans to increase the limits. They will be available in September and until then there are no limits on the standard plan.

Reactions: Forester
Obviously you need to upgrade to one of their paid plans to increase the limits. They will be available in September and until then there are no limits on the standard plan.
Oh well. It changes the game, of course. Thanks for updating.

Latest Threads