Our valued sponsor

Question Need Recommendation for Lawyer in Seychelles

I am dealing with a situation where I have a significant amount of crypto being stored on an cryptocurrency exchange that is based in Seychelles. The cryptocurrency exchange has blocked my withdrawals and I have very big concerns. I am considering hiring a lawyer in order to help secure my funds. Could anyone here make a recommendation for a lawyer/law firm in Seychelles that could assist with this?

Not a lot of pure law firms in Seychelles, but it's a small country. I'd try my luck with one of the larger, more reputable service providers and see if they can help. That would be Icaza (a law firm, although not registered as one in the Seychelles), Appleby, Vistra, and maybe Trident.

But what's your plan? Take them to court on criminal charges? Sue them under the laws of the Seychelles? For what? Then what? People pick the Seychelles not only because it's secretive and has no tax, but also because it's nearly impossible to get to the owners that way. A court order from the Seychelles might be hard to get enforced anywhere else.

I'm not saying it's hopeless, but it nearly is.

If you know or can find out where the owners or senior managers/directors are located, you may have a better chance of pressuring them into giving in to your demands.

Honestly my plan right now is just to secure my funds. Im still far away from undertaking any lawsuit or taking direct legal action for now. As of now I would just like a law firm experienced in Seychelles law to handle my correspondence with the entity in question. Thank you very much for the recommendations.

Latest Threads