Our valued sponsor

Question Offshore companies and crypto

Hello everyone, I've recently started my journey into starting an offshore company and I have so many questions! I hope this is the right place to post as I was directed here for my first post.

I'm in the USA and over the past year I have invested in a crypto that had crazy gains and I would like to mitigate my tax obligations as much as possible. Currently I have over $100k in assets which could grow even more over the next year. For context, I originally bought Ethereum on a central exchange and then sent that ETH to my decentralized wallet. Since then, because of the gains, I've cashed out small amounts through my original central exchange a few times.

My plan is to create an offshore business for trading in non-US markets and growing my portfolio with minimal taxation, possible property investments in the future as well. Is it possible for me to claim no ownership of the decentralized wallet (implying that the offshore company owns it) as there is no way to prove ownership and just pay the taxes on the crypto that went through my CEX? I would also want to pay myself from this company as to establish an income on paper. If so, what would be my best options for offshore companies in a crypto tax haven?

I look forward to the replies and hope to have a good discussion!

Am not sure how US citizens/residents could structure succesfully offshore unless substance requirements are met.
It would be necessary for you to consult a US tax professional to look into your situation. There might be some thresholds or exemptions that could apply to you.
Sounds good, I intended to contact one regardless after I learned a bit more about all this. Should any tax professional be open to talking about this? Or should I be looking for something specific?

If substance are met in Cyprus for instant and you coordinate your taxes with a local advisor even get this advisors help to structure the setup, it could possibly work.

I cannot really comment. I have an associate US tax professional, if you wish I PM you his contact details.
Yes, that sounds good. It seems I may have a contact, so I will try them first.
If substance are met in Cyprus for instant and you coordinate your taxes with a local advisor even get this advisors help to structure the setup, it could possibly work.
I will keep this in mind.

Reactions: CyprusLawyer101

Latest Threads